I: Ice Skating

I: Ice Skating

It was a cold December evening and Gil and Eliza sat on the couch with each other. Both were getting bored by this point. It was six pm and they hadn't done really anything all day due to the freezing cold outside.

Gil started channel surfing and flipped a channel that had ice skating on.

Eliza sat up "Gil where's the nearest ice skating ring?" she asked

He thought for a moment "Not that far..."

She jumped from the couch and dragged him to his feet. "Let's go!" she said, her green eyes bright and happy

He looked at her. Well he was pretty bored... and she just looked so damn happy to think of going. "Do you know how to ice skate?" he asked

She blushed and looked at the ground "No..."

He grinned evilly. He just loved when she couldn't do things. She hated it, always looked so stupid and vulnerable. He was not going to miss this opportunity.

"I guess I'll just have to teach you." He said grinning still.

She did not like the look of that grin...at all. "Ok..." she muttered, walking away to go and get dressed for the cold.

He chuckled, trudging to the front door and getting his coat on, digging gloves out of the closet, then sliding his shoes on and grabbing the car keys.

Eliza walked over in boots, hat, gloves, scarf, and coat. He chuckled at seeing her.

She glared "It's like ten degrees out!"

"Alright whatever you say Ms. Penguin." he taunted, opening the door and walking out to the car in their snowy driveway.

Wrenching open the slightly frozen door her sat on the cold seat and stuck the key in the ignition, making the German engine hum to life.

Eliza sat down next to him, hurriedly shutting the door.

Gil backed up and rolled down their driveway heading towards the outdoor ice ring.

The tires left tracks in the fresh snow. The ground was blanketed with the fluffy snow, it hung to the threes, houses and parked cars.

The ride was short and when Gil parked Eliza saw lights that shone over freshly cleared ice. A few people skated, but most people were hiding inside. A rail went around the ice to give something to hold on to. There was a small both with skate rentals and Gil trotted over to it, his feet throwing up snow.

Eliza giggled as she followed her boyfriend. He seemed excited as he handed her a pair of skates. He walked to a bench and plopped down on it, taking his shoes off and easily lacing the skates on.

Eliza got her shoes on, but fumbled with the long laces and getting her foot into the small shoe.

"Gil you got the wrong size." She whined at him

He smirked. That marked the start of his fun. "No I didn't, ice skates are tight." He answered as she finally shoved her foot into it.

He smirked and kneeled in the snow and tied the laces for her as she blushed. Who the hell made laces so long!

To further amuse Gil, when she stood she promptly fell forward into his arms.

"Someone forget how to stand?" he teased

She normally would have smacked him, but if she did, he may fall and there was no way she could get up. And knowing Gil, she would end up pinned under him then, which wasn't bad...but they were in public.

Gil laughed at her and dragged her to the ice, stepping on first, his hands holding hers.

She slowly put a foot on the ice, then the other. Well that wasn't too bad, she could handle that much.

That's when Gil started to slide backwards and she squeaked in surprise then blushed.

He smirked, damn was this going to be fun.

"Calm down, we aren't even going that fast." He said in a teasing tone

She glared at him, holding his hands tighter.

His snowy white hair was dusted with a few fresh snow flakes, his red eyes where shining with light and his clear happiness. His smirk was even fading into a smile. His gloves and coat were black which contrasted nicely with his pale skin.

He caught her staring but didn't say anything, looking at her. He loved the way her soft brown locks of hair bordered her face, he loved the slight blush on her cheeks, and the dazzling brightness of her eyes. Her gray gloved hand fit perfectly in his, and even if he would never say it, he lived for the moments like this. Moments when it seemed like they were the only two people alive.

He pulled her to the center of the ice and there started to skates, pulling her around the circle. She did her best to not fall on her face, but eventually got used to it, even started to mimic Gil's movements and skate herself, yet their hands remained intertwined.

"Try it on your own." He spoke, smiling as he let go of her hand

She stumbled and almost fell, and would have if he wasn't so fast to catch her, falling right into his chest.

He laughed at her as she tried to gain her footing, and failed. He didn't help, just held her up.

Her was pressed into his coat, her hands on his forearms in a death grip. Times like this she just hated him. He really just couldn't help?

Yet she also loved him for it, he made her work.

Breathing she inhaled the scent from his coat, a nice and calming cologne that he always seemed to wear.

He smiled down at her, yet she couldn't see it. He did finally help her to her feet, yet he held her in his arms still, smiling.

She shook her head and smiled up at him. "You're a real jerk sometimes."

"Sometimes?" he asked with a laugh

By now they were the only two left on the ice but the lights were still on.

Both looked at each other in silence, just happy with each other. Two people intertwined in the mess called life. The other half to the mystifying puzzle that solves the mystery.

"I love you." Gil said softly, looking down at her.

She smiled. The blush on his cheeks didn't look like it was from the cold. Now it was her turn to tease "Someone's blushing." She said poking her cheek

He scowled and shook her head, but she leaned up and kissed his cheek and whispered "Love you too."

And she meant it, the pale man was a pervert, an idiot, lazy, made things harder than they had to be, and irritated her sometimes. But none of that mattered, it made Gil who he was. It also made him something else.

Hers.

Thoughts?