K: Knight

So while most the time this was pretty much fully personified, this chapter will be less so. I mean, come on, Gil and Liz meet each other when they were little knights, what kind of fic would this be if it didn't have that? So yes in this particular chapter, they are nations, timeless, really old etc.

K: Knight

Rock music was blasting through the house, shaking objects on tables and annoying the neighbors. Eliza was about to go kill Gilbert but if she did that, the upstairs closet would never get clean.

Gil was upstairs, pissed about the fact he had to clean the closet. He was way too awesome for such a stupid task! But Eliza did not see it the same way...so he listened. But no way is hell would he be bossed around so easily! Which is why he had music blasting on full volume along with full bass.

He dug through the closet, which had mostly his stuff. In the front was newer stuff, shoe boxes, books he got for Christmas that he didn't read, some nice clothes West got for him that he despised. A black box that had no dust whatsoever and held...toys...of sorts...

He had gotten past that to some old war stuff, a case with his Luger, a box with his Nazi uniform and newspaper clippings...he kept those things for a lesson, not out of pride. Never again would such things happen. He had a flintlock musket leaned against the wall and an Iron Cap. He chuckled "Iron heads..."

By the WWII things in a black shadow box he had news clippings declaring the dissolution of his kingdom. He had a Prussian WWI era uniform in the box too, on the wall hung a massive Prussian flag, but there was a spot for it in the box. He even had a brick from the Berlin Wall in the box.

He sighed and shoved past those things, uncovering pictures of him and Otto von Bismarck. He smiled seeing the gruff old man, what a genius he had been. He helped unite Germany under Prussia. He moved the picture and found old maps and sighed. Battle maps.

He had a map of the land where the Franco-Prussian War began. Even the declaration of war but he didn't need those things to remember that war, the looks of betrayal... Shaking his head he tore through more of the closet and found a broken sword wrapped in a torn up cloak. Austria's sword, he broke it in the Austro- Prussian war, with Bismarck.

He loved and hated his history. He was proud and then he was ashamed. He turned on a friend, Francis. He turned on an old ally, and family, Austria. This did nothing more than prove the cries of 'beast, monster, demon' true.

He didn't mind actually cleaning the closet...he didn't mind clearing dust off of boxes. He just minded digging up old memories and dusting those off.

He found old papers declaring the Danish colonies of Holstein as Austria's, who had been his ally at that time, and Schleswig as his.

Digging farther into the closet he found a really old newspaper, declaring Prussia under the Hollenzehers a new nation. He smiled...he was the country born of war, the War of Austrian Succession. He was the Lord of War, he would always be so... He didn't care what the other nations said. Back at his height, no one could have bested him in a land war. Who would dare even try? Even the great Napoleon hated to confront him. He was a demon of war. He'd move in a blur, sword flashing in the light. His eyes would burn in blood lust, burn like the pits of hell. He could scare an entire army, his name stuck fear into brave warriors... but that was a long time ago.

Now, nobody knew his name and nobody feared him.

He was sitting in his closet by now as he neared the back. The first thing he realized was how damn dusty it was in here. He turned his head to look around, he was at the back, not much left in here. The only thing back here was his Teutonic Knight stuff.

His sword leaned on the wall, the hilt was black metal wrapped in worn black leather, it was sheathed in a black leather case, a few silver circles wrapped around the case, holding the leather onto it. Then, neatly folded were a thread-bare, blood, mud, and dirt stained white tunic and breeches. Polished black boots and a shining sword belt were right beside it. His chainmail sat in a pile, along with his bracers and greaves. His black gauntlets sat on top of his tunic.

Many emotions crossed over him and he sat in silence staring at the uniform. Finally he dragged himself from the closet, all the objects in hand. He sat on the bed, looking sideways at the objects. He killed the radio and sat in silence for another long moment.

His hand reached out on its own accord and grabbed his sword. He bit his lip as he stood and with a slow motion pulled the sword from its case. The blade fit his hand perfectly it was just like an extension of his arm. Perfect weight and perfect length.

He smiled, slashing the air in front of him.

Downstairs Eliza was unsure about the silence. Maybe his radio had died?

Or maybe he ditched out the window...that sounded like something he'd do.

She started upstairs for him and came into the room, surprised he was still there, and even more surprised he stood with a sword in his hand.

"Gil...?" she asked, walking in

He lowered the sword and looked at her "Sorry...I was...just cleaning out the closet like you told me, and I found this..."

She walked over to the bed and eyes his uniform, smiling. It may have been his uniform, but it still had memories for her.

Good and bad ones...

Gil put his sword away, tossing it on the bed. Eliza looked at his uniform and muttered

"You should put it on..."

He stared at her then back at it, slowly nodding and pulling his clothes off. She turned away blushing and he chuckled lightly, carefully putting the old clothes back on.

His pants fit, the tunic was slightly big, he had lost height it seemed. His boots fit well, and he strapped on the braces and graves, then his sword and sword belt. Finally he pulled his gauntlets on.

The chainmail wasn't worth the hassle to put on and it lay on the bed.

Eliza turned and whistled "You still fit in it."

He nodded slowly "I do..."

She stepped closer "Your missing two things." She said smirking slightly

He frowned down at her "I am?"

"Yes, first...you're missing this," she said, standing close and pulling on a hidden chain around his neck. Pulling the Prussian Cross out she dropped it and let it bounce on the chain and his chest.

"And...your missing this." She said, wrapping her arms around him

He smiled and hugged her "I was missing you? I didn't realize you were an accessory."

She smacked the back of his head "You seem to have forgotten your knight manners."

He scoffed "Like I ever had them!" he smirked "You seem to be missing your boy uniform."

She blushed and hit him again "I didn't know I was a girl! Shut up!"

He laughed, smiling widely "That still amused me."

"Shut it, Crotch Cloth."

Now it was his turn to blush, he muttered "At least I was nice enough to help you."

She looked up at him "Yes...you were."

He leaned down and kissed her softly, hugging her still.

She smiled against his lips. Most people changed with time, but not him. He was an idiot a thousand years ago, and he'll be an idiot for another thousand years.

But he will also always be her knight

thoughts?