Talk to me 2

Is he for real ? I never heard him speaking more than one sentence at a time .Besides he is saying so thoughtful things.Am I seeing a ghost in the middle of the night?

I am picking my nails and avoiding eye contact with him.He is wearing a white shirt and formal trousers and a pair of black boot.So dressed up in the middle of the night. Here I am, sitting down with my messed up hairs.

I heard he don't sleep more than three hours at night and do his all paperwork at night.

I am sitting like a doll and thinking what will happen to me now then he said-

"Who let you in the expedition?"

"Huh!?" There he goes again .Getting on my nerves.

He is looking at me waiting for my response.Ohh I see he is asking me!

"Hange San" I said."We had a interview when we were cadets and she asked me a few questions before she chose me"

"I see",He replied "Hange is experienced and quite good at judging people ,if she chose you she must've seen some capabilities"

I don't know how to respond him in this matter.I just looked at him with a blank face.

Then he stated "I know you lost your friend so you were devastated and wanted to erase your whole existence ."

I looked at his eyes which were still on me and asked "you are right but how do you..?"

"I know right?" He sighed "Because you are just like me!"

"Huh!"

The clock of the big hall room rang once.It's only one o'clock.But it felt like I am in this library forever.

I looked at Captain Levi who is looking at the wall .After a few seconds he looked at me and said "I gotta go now ,my rest time is over"

He get up from his chair and intended to leave.So I get up too.I shouldn't sit when my captain is standing that's what we were taught as a cadet.
Suddenly I remembered something.

"Umm..Captain..!"

He stopped and turn to me and raised one eyebrow.

"Thank you" I said  "Thank you for saving my life"

He stand there for a moment and then came closer and pat my head without looking at my eyes.

I am still processing his sudden action when he said "Next time I won't save you if I see you relaxing on a tree trunk and asking me to leave you alone"

He don't need to say that.

He reached the doorknob ,before opening it he looked at me once again and said "You are a soldier.When you die,you die fighting.Not while sitting down and regretting your life decisions"

I brought my fist to my chest and gave a salute.

Then he said "You came here to read, do so and go to your room when you are done. I will spare you this time"

"Thank.." He closed the door before that.

I stand there in silence.