Your Backstory

Luther
You were in the same situation as Sloane, you came from the Sparrow Academy but you were never really included, you were basically isolated, but then you found that The Umbrella Academy was your true family.
Diego
He found you at his boxing club sparring basically alone next to a wall, looking sad. He basically started training with you, and you revealed that you were abandoned when you were 5. He showed you his powers and you both fell in love.
Allison
You were a very famous singer until there was a fire at one of your venues as you were performing, and you voice box and vocal cords were permanently damaged by the smoke, and Allison knew you because you recorded a song for a few of her films.
Klaus
You were a big partier and a romantic, but you only went to parties with your friends since you had a boyfriend, but you went to the club with him to see him with another girl practically eye fucking him, so you flirted with other guys, and met Klaus, and you kind of read his mind.
Five
You were your parent's experiment. They injected you with lots of different things, but one gave you water powers and you drowned them using your powers. You ran away for from that house, and ran into the coffee shop where you met Five.
Ben
You grew up at the Commission with the Handler, and to say it was hell was one word. But, you escaped after betraying them and quickly ran, with a shot wound too. But, the Handler's bullet made you die of blood loss, and you came across Ben.
Vanya/Viktor
Both of your parents died only 2 years ago, and today it was their death day, so you went to the theatre they always went to. But, you saw someone playing the violin and you were taken away by them, and you helped The Umbrella Academy save the world.
Lila
You grew up with a perfect family, good income, nice car and everything but you felt something was still missing, so you ran away to live your best life (roll the chorus of the song Paradise by Coldplay). You then came across Lila, and you found the thing that you was missing.
Sloane
Your powers were out of control, and you heard that The Sparrow Academy could help with your powers, so you went there and met Sloane, where they did help you with your powers and you accepted to join the Academy.