C.09 Getting to Know Each Other

Listening to my bestfriend literally rant abt a glmm as I write :3

Warning: a little angsty

______________________________\\_______

It's been a while since Kaveh and Alhaitham had started dating, at least 6 months at most. They've found a new comfort in each other's company. Even though they've developed something that happens often, their fighting. They still could never be happier right now in life.
"Ugh, humans do the most boring things, are you really reading a book right now?" Kaveh groaned, flicking his partners arm. "You know I do this before I go to bed, why don't you I don't know look at your phone or something." The reply did not satisfy, "Talk to me Alhaitham, we're together aren't we? Why don't we talk like a couple, and not just people who just do happen to be sharing a bed?" Kaveh folded his arms and pouted, looking away from Alhaitham waiting for the relieving yes from him. "Fine...Kaveh, what do you want to talk about then?" The younger male just gave up, it was pretty late and the bickering wouldn't stop until hours later if he let the other continue sulking. "I don't know, I want to get to know you more, we may be together but there is always space for improvement in our relationship! So, so tell me- " The blonde came closer to the other, cuddling up next to him. "Anything you wanna tell me?~ It can be very serious too! I'm all ears, the floor is yours~"

The words are very comforting for Alhaitham, he's not one for 'opening up', but he guessed that he might as well do it now. But, strangely nothing seemed to come out. "Or, I can go, I don't mind. As long as you're comfortable." Kaveh pecked Alhaitham's cheek, and took a deep breath in. "Alright, you already know the basics, so we can move on."
"Currently, I do architectural work , as you know." He took a deep breath, "And the whole reason I don't have a house, and the reason my entire life went downhill was...because my mother left me. She left me for Fontaine for some guy, and never came back." His release was of a big sigh, "And it's not like she leave me anything I mean she gave me her house."

Alhaitham could tell that Kaveh was at his lowest, he took the hint and pulled him closer in a 'Let it out' kind of way. "But I can't even say that's actually where it began, that's my beginning for my life now. Overall, it's when my father died while being chased into the desert. Some of our neighbors just couldn't let it go that we were vampires..." Kaveh started to tear up, but he took a deep breath, "So every chance they got they would harass us, mostly my father. That night when he was found dead in the desert, me and my mother fled that town and made our way to this side of Sumeru. After that my mother wasn't the same I person I knew." Rubbing the tears off his face with his sleeve he looked at Alhaitham, he was just glad that Alhaitham was listening to him so intently without even turning on his headphones for one minute. "So..ever since I've been very...weary of everything I do. I do everything for myself, my father, just my family in general!"

Kaveh was very emotional at this point he couldn't even suck up any tear that'll run down his face. "...A-anyway! Are you more comfortable now..?"
'Right, that.' Alhaitham thought to himself.
"I suppose..." he inhaled, "I never really 'knew' my mother I always had to ask others more about her, and my grandmother. After mr grandma passed I really didn't know where to continue nor how to feel.." Alhaitham exhaled, almost cracking his voice a bit. "Hey, if that's all you want to say, or all you feel comfortable with, just tell me. I'm glad you told me that, alright?"
'So quick to reassure me..'
Alhaitham had never really been in a relationship, at least not this far in one. So he couldn't tell if it was normal for your partner to be so reassuring, and understanding.

6 months. They've been together for six months and they already are very understanding of each other. As much as they fight, they'd both agree, there is nothing that can separate them.

—————————————————

Hi everyone! I am still on my hiatus but I've missed writing about these sillies so I made a angst chapter just for them.

(Just because I couldn't continue the smut chapter)

you should totally check out my mallkei story preview!!!