Jericho

the school thought it would be a great idea to send the students out into Jericho for the day as it was a weekend, however from what some normies said to you the week prior you weren't too sure on wanting to go. Your friends however were adamant about you going with them, one of which never takes a no for an answer. Divina looked at you determination in her eyes, "if you don't get your ass out of bed then I'm gonna drag it out for you" she said looking directly at the sheet you were sleeping under.

"that's illegal" you said as she approached you her arms out-stretched ready to grab you." ok I'm up" you say pulling the sheet off of your now cold body as she backs away slowly, Divina opened your wardrobe and pulled out a blue ruffled blouse out of it along with some light tan coloured jeans. "you really thought you would win that didn't you" she asked amused "maybe, maybe not you will never know" you laughed as she threw your clothes at you. "be ready in 10 or I'm gonna push you into the lake" she ordered smiling, you knew she really wouldn't but didn't want to take that chance.

buckling your jeans you opened your door to a proud looking Divina, a very brightly coloured Enid, a stoned Ajax, and Bianca laughing at something on her phone. "where's Kent?" you ask, he was normally with them as it was a Saturday morning.

"he is still getting ready he's gonna meet us in town" Divina said turning her phone around to show the group chat ajax sent a cat meme into. "what in the actual fuck is that" you said in Ajax's direction, "its a cat" his laughing sounded half arsed and half like a bird.

walking out of the school the trees looming over you, the sun glistening between the branches. it took 10 minutes to get to town with Enid blabbering on about how great it felt during nights when she stands on her balcony. you arrived at the centre of town just as Kent was  getting out of the shuttle bus. A grin plastered onto his face, he looked at you eyes glistening. you looked around and saw some normal school kids, they looked familiar too familiar. " hey love who are they" you asked Kent cautiously. "that's Jack, Alfie and I think the dark haired one is Liam." he replied. "ok thanks" you say, a now nervous look upon your face remembering the events from last year. not wanting to get shoved into a grease bucket, you followed Divina and Bianca into a dress shop for the upcoming nightshades meeting.

you heard the bell of the door go as you looked around the dark blue dresses, you heard a voice behind you. Liam's voice. "hey freak, what are you doing out of your cage, hey I'm talking to you" he grabbed your arm and spun you around inches away from his face his eyes angry and violent. trouble in the air you wrung your arm out of his grasp and backed away, " Liam what is your problem?" you shout. as far as you were concerned you had done nothing to him or any of his friends there was only one reason he wouldn't like you. your not normal to them, your a siren, they hate you because of what you are, the one thing you can't control.

"HEY what's going on in here" you hear someone shout. Kent. he heard what was going on and came to help, " oi normie back off her will you" his face concentrated on him, Liam's smug smile faded and he ran out the doors figurative tail between his legs.

"wanna go home sweetheart?" he asks holding both your hands together.

"yeah let's go" you smiled, finally safe again.