The Manor

"Say what now?" Shadow said. "The dna confirmed it shadow. That wasn't really scourge who manipulated you during your bloodlust it was some other vampire who could shift shape" Daisy explained and deep down shadow felt a sigh of relief. Lately since being in Vancouver he's been missing how things use to be before his parents deaths. He missed having his brothers laughing and pulling pranks on their father with their mother. How he missed their father sneaking them out of bed to hear her sing in the palace chapel. Yet it's all gone now. She shakes his head and thanks Dasiy who already informed his uncle Vladimir. Shadow later lays in bed just staring at the ceiling as Rouge slept peacefully next to him. "I wish.... I wish I can have my family back...."

The next day shadow was sipping on coffee in the main cabin with Knuckles, Mario and Sonic when Tails comes running in excitedly. "Shadow good you're here!" Tails said. "What's going on?" Shadow asked. "I was asked to annualized some old items from the 1700's at a manor known as the Dark Manor" Tails said and shadow coughs up his coffee. "You ok?" Knuckles Sonic and Mario said. Shadow clears his throat and looks up at his two tailed friend. "Why are you doing that?" He asked. "Well the owner asked because he had renovated the parts that was burned down and wanted to salvage as much of the items as possible. Plus there's a portrait of the royal family that was delivered after the fire and was never removed from its packaging until last night but it's covered until the Galla opening." Tails smiled. "I'd figured since you were part of that you could help me?" Tails asked. Shadow seemed a bit hesitant but mostly curious. "Ok let's go"

Snow crunches under shadows feet as he walked up the rebuilt manor. The feelings of being here seemed to make him miss his family more. "Shadow you ok?" Rouge asked. "Yeah I'm fine" he smiled and walked in. "He's lying...." She said as knuckles walked up. "I know" he agreed with her and they walked in. The gang were mesmerized by the old manors architecture and old gothic style art, stairs and many other elements that were still standing after over 400 years. They see the new remodeling that makes its identical but clearly new. Shadow brushed  his finger's against the old golden banister of the stairs and smiled. "Hey shadow guys over here" tails said and they walked down the hall. Shadow admires the new windows and cases containing the items that were burned or found unscathed by flames. One of them was an old leather journal with S.D burned into the corner. Shadow smiled and picks up the old journal gently opening it and sees all the old cursive writing on the old paper. "Careful with that shadow that belonged to one of the princes of the Dark family." Tails warned. "I'm being careful tails" shadow said and traces a a few finger tips on a page before gently closing it and putting it back down. "So far everything is accurate tails" shadow said. "Perfect" tails smiled. "Is that the painting?" Peach points to the purple cloth covering a large painting. "Yep the very one" he smiled. "So what happened here?" Blaze asked admiring old jewelry that belonged to the queen. "Well according to this the history of the family started as a love story." Tails starts to read.

"King Xavier Goliath Dark visited a small but very wealthy village in Ireland for a festival of dance a friend invited him to. There he met a Irish monarch who would later become Queen Maria Scarletton Dark and they two fell in love. Yet Maria was unfairly arranged to the Duke of the village who had done crimes against the king and Xavier's knowledge. Xavier found out and ripped the Duke of his status freeing Maria of her arrange marriage. The two married a week after and became the new rulers. A year later Maria became pregnant with their eldest son Dariuson Haggred Dark. Then their second son Scourgeian Jameson Dark five years later. And their youngest Shadnar Zander Dark two years after that. The family soon found themselves settling in Vancouver and were very much loved by the people who built them the manor. Xavier and his sons helped with the construction making the people love them more. Then that tragic night happen years later. A fire mysteriously started in the middle of the night and killed the king and queen. The sons were found outside with a mysterious box and the middle son injured. The following day the queens brother returned with the sons and was crowned king."

"And that's it" tails said. "That can't be it!" Luigi said. "Yeah what happened to the sons?" Amy asked. "It doesn't say what happened to—" "The eldest son refused to be king and started to travel to continue his uncles trade deals. The second went mad from their parents deaths and killed two families making his uncle banish him. The youngest stayed but later went to search for his brother because his uncle realized he made a mistake. Yet the youngest returned and informed his uncle that the middle som would not return because of him." Shadow said and the group was quiet once shadows face turned to anger and tears start rolling. "And it was no mystery of what started that fire. It was set by a demon which was captured by the brothers in that box and I would fucking know." He said then storms over to the purple cloth and pulls it down. "SHADOW WERE NOT SU—oh my god" Tails said and everyone gasps at the painting showing shadow, Scourge, their brother and parents.

"Because I'm Shadnar Zander Dark"

Artwork done by: uglykeys