The past part 2

"Maria!" Vladimir and Rowena said running up as Xavier stood them both up. "Are you ok?" Rowena said worried for her sister. "Yes I'm fine Rowena thanks to?" "Xavier" he smiled and she smiled. "You're my brothers friend visiting from Transylvania correct?" She asked and he nods. "Yes he told me about the festival here and I just had to come and see." He said and felt his heart racing because her scent was overwhelming sweet. He looks at her heel and and dress. "Let me buy you some new shoes and dress." He said. "I appreciate it but no it's too expensive" Maria said. "Isn't this one of the wealthiest villages?" "Was until the Bastard Duke rose all our taxes to the point people are starving and hardly getting by" Rowena growled. "What do you mean?" Xavier asked. "The Duke has take nearly 90 percent of the living taxes from the people here and some haven't eaten in weeks" Maria explained as she tears up. "That's...that's not right the king said only one percent is to be taken not that much" Xavier said. "Well then guess the king is clueless" Rowena snapped. "Rowena please" Maria said. "Look if you wish to buy me shoes and dress I rather you spent that money on feeding the hungry please" Maria said. "You have kind heart.... Ok I promise to feed a hungry family" he smiled and she smiled but it fades. "Are you ok?" "This is her last night of freedom because tomorrow she's marrying that god awful Duke as payment since our father came up short." Rowena said and Xavier's blood was boiling. "That's not fair yo—" "I must but now we must go finish our chores. I hope you have a lovely visit" Maria smiled and they walk way. "Vladimir how come you never told me this in your letters?" Xavier said. "I didn't know how to tell you..." Vladimir looked down. "Well this will not stand and I will not let this man marry her" he growled and Vladimir noticed a change in his friend. Xavier walks up to the baker cart and wanted to know how much for the whole cart. The man hesitated then told him and Xavier snaps making a gaurd in disguise hand him a large sack of money. "Use this to feed your village's starving people I'm sure this will cover for the next three weeks?" He said and he nods. "Yes thank you kind sir." "One more thing you will not give the Duke any of this money because I will handle him" Xavier said and the man recognizes him. "My god you are... you are the pr—" Xavier placed his finger on his lips. "Shh do not reveal my identity if the duke receives word that I am here he will not act like he does now" Xavier said and the baker nods. "Thank you so much" he said and Xavier walks away as the baker summons the hungry to eat. Xavier watches five starving families getting food and and eating with tears of joy. "Now Vladimir take me to your dress and show shop." He said and Vladimir nods. Maria walks up and sees the starving families enjoying a meal. "Jameson what's going on?" She asked. "Your brothers friend had just paid for my whole cart to feed our starving for the next three weeks such a kind man" Jameson smiled and hands Maria a deer blood and fruit tart. "On me my dear..... but does the Duke know of you—" "Yes he doesn't care if mortal blood makes me ill.... I just wish I could wed my true link...." Maria looks down. "Wait mother was just like shadow....." Scourge looks at shadow and felt more guilty about how he treated him. "Have you found your link I can tell in your eyes Maria.... Are you linked to your brother's friend?" Jameson asked and she nods. "Oh my dear I have a feeling you will marry him instead of the Duke" he smiled and Maria smiled before taking a bite of her tart and walks away with hope in her heart. "Now let's go find our dad" shadow said and they runoff. "Wait! Ugh Nevermind" silver said.
"She deserves the best dress you have and shoes for tonight" Xavier said to the workers who recognize him. "Yes sire" they said. "Xavier" "What Vladimir" he turned to Vladimir who sees a spark in his eye. "Have you.... Fallen in love with Maria?" He asked. "I don't know what's gotten into me but yes. I can't get her out of my head. She had this stunning glow around her and her eyes shined plus her scent was so sweet and the idea of her being with someone else makes my blood boil!" He snapped and Vladimir's eyes widen as well as the owners. "Sire you have linked with her" one owner said. "Im sorry? Linked?" He said. "Sure you must know what that is" the other owner said and Xavier shook his head. "All that you describe you are feeling is the same thing that happens when you link with someone. Didn't your father explain?" Vladimir said. "No my mother handles my courting and what is linking?" "But you're the future king.... Linking is part of our kinda way of finding our true mates. The ones fate set for us. You and my sister were meant to be together" Vladimir said. "Will she accept me?" "So far you kept your promise and shown her true kindness I think she will" he smiled. "I hope so she is everything I desire in a queen. Kind, thinking of others, and heart as pure as an angel." He smiled feeling more in love thinking of her. He purchased the items and the two leave to give her the gifts. "Our father didn't know what linking was?" "Because of our grandmother.... So if that's the real fucking case."

"What else has that horrible woman done?"