Awkward dinner

"Bonestine. Annalise. I'm very surprised to see you both here" Vladimir said. "You think you're the only royal vampire retired in Vancouver?" Annalise said snobbish. "Anna be nice" Bonestine hissed. "Anyways we heard of the Irish festivities and I had to come see. Your culture was always fascinating to me and I loved learning about it from your sister my she rest" he smiled. "Thank you Bonestine it's always nice to have you" Rowena smiled. "Now then Scourge I'm so happy to see you here has your banishment been lifted?" Bonestine asked. "Actually I do—" "Yes it has and it was a mistake on my part placing it in the first place" Vladimir said and smiled at Scourge who smiled as he teared up. "Wonderful!" Bonestine clapped. "Umm grandfather grandmother I would like to introduce you guys to my friends." Shadow smiled. "Espec—" "Knuckles" Annalise said and knuckles flinched but puts on a smile. "Anna you're looking well" knuckles said in a kind civil way. "Tell me boy are you still" she makes her self smile. "DAting my grandson?" She said in a cringe way. "No we broke up a year after I met you both and I'm happy engaged to this lovely woman right next to me." He smiled and she smiled genuinely. "Oh how wonderful I'm glad you finally straightened out" "ANNA!" Bonestine yelled. "Good luck" knuckles whisper to rouge who was horrified like everyone else at what Annalise said to knuckles. Shadow clears his throat and introduces everyone then wraps his arm around Rouge. "And this beautiful woman is Rouge. My link and my wife to be" he smiled. "She's striking! Fate picked a stunner for you my boy. Welcome to the family dear" Bonestine takes rouges hand and kisses it. "Oh thank you sir" Rouge smiled flattered. Annalise click her tongue in her mouth and walks away. "Ummm did I do—" "No my dear she's just... that way" "HA! Yeah right you know she's always like that" Scourge said. "Scourge" "Can it Darius look I need to go and eat." He said. "Well I would like to have you all for a family dinner and get to know the addition to the family." Bonestine said. "I'll have to pass I don't want to be in the same room with her" Scourge hissed. "Please scourge it's been forever since we all had a family dinner..." Rowena said and Scourge sighed. "Fine but if that woman says one negative thing about my mother I'm gone" Scourge said and Bonestine nods. "Ok see you tonight then" he said and walks off.
Rouge rubs her sweaty palms on her dress pants once more as they arrived at the mansion in the mountains. "Rouge you ok?" Shadow asked since he's never seen her so nervous before. "Want the truth or a good lie?" She said. "The truth" shadow said as he parked the car. "I never met your extended family what if they change their mind and hate me...." She said. "The only person you need to worry about is my grandmother she never approved of anything..... as you saw with knux." Shadow said cupping her cheek. "How did he meet them. "Remember that Rockerback concert we went to for my birthday weekend?" Shadow asked and she nods. "Well at one of the stops my grandparents were eating at a fancy restaurant across the road. My grandfather saw me and drove over. He hugged me and my grandmother did the same. Knuckles walked up with snacks for the road and my grandfather liked him immediately. My grandmother after finding out we were dating went back to the car after muttering how disgusting." Shadow said. "I'm so sorry" "It's the past now. Now let's head in and enjoy dinner" shadow kisses her hand and cheek. "Ok" she smiled.
A plate for the main entree of Smoked Salmon, steamed rosemary vegetables, smash potatoes and white wine. Rouge picks up the correct fork and eats her meal. "I must say my dear you have excellent table etiquette" Bonestine praised. "Thank you I actually come from a wealthy home and was taught young." Rouge smiled. "I will say for a mortal you know your stuff then of the wealthy life" Annalise smiled fakely. Scourge rolled his eyes knowing her compliment was just for show. The awkward dinner continued then came dessert. "Is this?" "Yes your fathers and mother's favorite Plum dumplings." Vladimir smiles and takes a bite. "We figure you would like something from when you all were little" bonestine smiled. The servants bring in vanilla ice cream as well as they enjoy the dumplings. "So my dear will you be turning into a vampire once the wedding is over?" Annalise asked. "Actually grandmother I'm going to be becoming a mortal" shadow said. "EXCUSE ME?!" She yelled. "I'm becoming mortal because I'm tired of losing friends." Shadow explained. "Then start making friends with vampires instead of these disgusting mortals!" "ANNA!" Bonestine yelled. "I swear you are making the wrong choice shadow just like your father did with that Bitch of a wife!" She said and Scourge slammed his spoon down and stood up. "You will not call my mother that name again, because the only bitch in this family is YOU!" He points at their grandmother. "Our father was extremely happy with our mother and Rouge is the best thing to happen to shadow. So if you hate the idea of happiness in both of their marriages then stay the hell away! You homophobic, classist, and Mortalphobic BITCH!" Scourge yelled and storms out the dinning room. "I think it's time we leave as well thank you for the meal grandfather" shadow said hugging his grandfather and he and rouge left.

Bonestine shook his head at Annalise and escorts Darius, Vladimir and Rowena out.