The past part 1

The gang was enjoying a game of cards in knuckles and Shadows cabin when rouge burst through the door. "UGH! HOW CANT THAT WOMAN BE SO HORRIBLE!!!" Rouge yelled storming in walk to the bedroom. "Rouge I'm so sorry" "Why the fuck are you sorry for at least you're nothing like that god awful woman! Just how dare she say you're making a mistake and called your mother a bitch!" She crossed her arms. "Whoa hey what happens?" Knuckles asked and shadow and rouge noticed their friends sitting there. Rouge tells them and they were appalled. "Oh my god" "I know right" Rouge said and shadow goes to say something but was cut off by a knock at the door. He walks over and opens it seeing both brothers standing there. "We need to talk" Darius said and they enter. "After tonight it got me thinking. Our mother was a monarch, a vampire, and a woman everything that she rather have for a queen.... so why would grandmother hate her so much and said dad made a mistake?" Darius said. "So in other words you're thinking something isn't right on how they met?" Shadow said and Darius nodded. "I just wish we could back in time and see for ourselves" Darius looks down. "Same...." Shadow looks down as well. Scourge looks at them both and Silver rose a brow. "Are...are you serious?" Scourge said to Shadow. "What?" Shadow said the. Scourge smack the back of his brothers heads. "Ow!" They said. "What was that for?!" Shadow growled then scourge pointed to silver who waved. "What does silver have to do wit—" shadow then smacks his own forehead and growls. "DUH!" "What?" "My friend silver can travel back in time" shadow said and scourge claps sarcastically. "Good job" he smirked and shadow rolled his eyes. Shadow and rouge change clothes while silver gives everyone a bracelet to prevent from being seen. He also explains that they have three days to spend in the past. Shadow and rouge walk in and silvers gives them a bracelet as well. "Ok you three you know the place now think and we should be there." Silver smiled. "To the past" shadow said. A light shines and they all disappear from the cabin.

Ireland 1600s

The gang appear in the time zone and look around the small village. "Wow this is different.... Wouldn't a wealthy village be more—" "MARIA AND ROWENA NIGHT!" They turn hearing their uncle yelling from a nice but run down home. Two women run out the door laughing before running under the stairs as young Vladimir stood on the porch covered in flour. "I swear" he said and walks the opposite direction as the two women run to a human man who chuckles seeing Vladimir. "Is that...." "Our mother..." shadow said looking at the solid red female hedgehog with stunning teal eyes. "She's so beautiful" cream said. "Another prank on your brother sweet night sisters?" The old man chuckled. "Yes Haggred" Maria said. "Could you cover for us while we get ready for the opening ceremony of wolves and dance?" Rowena smiled. "Of course my dears" he smiled. "Thank you so much Haggred" Maria said they bolt back into the house giggling. "Such sweet girls" he smiled and goes back to polishing a new sword. "Haggred!" He turns seeing Vladimir approaching and chuckles. "They get you again Vladimir?" Haggred smirked. "Yes now have you seen them they need to complete their chores before father returns tonight." "Perhaps Jameson's bakery cart you know how your sister Maria loves the deer blood fruit tarts." He said. "I was just there Haggred" Vladimir sighed. "Boy look I know you want to get the chores done but today is Maria's last day of freedom..... before she marries that god awful Duke. So please just let her be happy and roam free today because she won't after tomorrow." Haggred and Vladimir nods. "Why is it that you understand my sister better than my own father...." "Because your mother and my wife may they both rest in peace were good friends and I watched all of you grow up. I maybe human and a mortal but I see you three as my children too. I did try to convince your father to release Maria of this marriage but it was to prevent you from being on the streets." He placed his hand on Vladimir. "Thank you" Vladimir smiled and hugged him before going back to the house. "Mom... she wasn't a monarch she was a commoner..." Shadow said. "But why were we told she was a monarch?" Scourge said. "I don't know..." Darius said shocked. "GIRLS!!!!" Vladimir yelled once more and the sister run out dressed for the opening ceremony giggling. "You two please clean up!" Vladimir said covered in more flour. "We promise after the ceremony brother" Rowena said as music starts to play behind them. "Yes Vladimir but first we dance" Maria said and the girls loop their arms walking into the village. "Sisters" Vladimir said walking back into the house to clean up. A women walks out of the home just as the night sister walked past. "Look how the lights of the town the lights of the town are shining now. Tonight I'll be around I'm off on the road to Galway now" the woman sung and joins the sisters while another joins. They sing except for Maria who walks over to a young child and mother inviting them in as they make a small circle. "Teri Abhaile Riu Teri Abhaile Riu Teri Abhaile Riu Mhearai" they sung. Shadow and the other admire the village coming together. Rowena takes center and starts to sing. "Come now and follow me down Down to the lights of Galway where there's fine sailors walking the town and waiting to meet the ladies there." She sung then the others join her as she approached Maria giving a flower to a little girl. Rowena looped her arm around Maria as the line was sung. "He's waiting to hear you play them, woo!" She pulls Maria in and they spin around as the villagers sing more start to dance. As the music plays any the others dance a carriage arrived and a male green and black hedgehog stepped out smiling admiring the ceremony. "Guys is that?" Sonic points out. "Our father...." The brothers said seeing their father walking away from the carriage and sees Vladimir. "Vladimir!" He smiled in joy. "Xavier welcome my good friend" Vladimir smiled. "Wait our uncle knew our father? How come he never told us?" Darius wondered but before anyone else could say anything they hear their mothers voice and turn their heads. "A young lady such as myself for reels and jigs and maybe more. Stay here and never you mind the lights of the town are blinding you the sailors they come and they go" Rowena joins and another woman joins in as she continues. "Dancing the reel around you" they spin and make a circle dancing. The whole village sings along "teir abhaile riu" as the music plays Xavier smiles looking at Maria. "Vladimir who's that" he asked. "Who?" "Her" he points to Maria. "Oh that's my sister Maria" he said to Xavier. "She's beautiful" Xavier smiled seeing her smiling and Vladimir smiled at his lovestruck friend before looking back at the dance. "Listen to the music flow I'm falling for the flow of home I'm home to dance till drawing" Maria sung before the others sing along and the dance get slightly faster. Yet as the last line "dance together till morning" Maria and Xavier made eye contact and she froze making him smile and she blush before returning back to the dance. As the song starts to end her heel breaks and screamed as she was about to fall into the horse water though (wooden water tub). "Whoa!" Xavier said and bolts to her. Maria felt herself being caught and looked up seeing the handsome hedgehog.

"That was close

"That was close. Are you alright?" He asked in a romantic and smooth tone as her heart race.

"Yes thank you"

Art work drawn by lorincasas