f o u r

Melle stared out at the entrance of the chamber

Melle stared out at the entrance of the chamber. Everyone was scrambling and stumbling over each other, not bothering to look at the fallen who were being trampled over and receiving serious injuries from it. Everyone was too blinded by the hysteria to notice what they were doing. Someone pulled her along with them, bringing her closer to the room and the portal.

"Hurry! If you can get through the portal, you'll be safe!" Gabriel was fighting off a tentacle from the wither, giving the group enough time to go into the portal.

Axel stared dumbfoundedly at the portal, "Ah, somethings not right here." Olivia pipes up, "It's not lit! We need something to light it!" Jesse pulls out a flint and steel and opens the portal. Everyone rushes to go inside, but the only ones to enter are Axel, Olivia and Reuben. Before the rest could enter, a tentacle barged through the ceiling and grabbed hold of Gabriel. Melle instinctively ran towards him and pulled him to break him free, with the help of Jesse.

"Are you okay, Uncle Gabriel?" Melle asks, worried for him. He wasn't exactly old enough to be worried about but he had been grabbed by the wither twice already and she wasn't sure how strong the grip the wither had on him. He assures her that he's fine and notices a citizen fly into the air with a tentacle wrapped around their leg. "There are so many of them... I can't save them all..." His voice trembles. He was a failure. He turns to his Melle and Jesse, "I can't stop this by myself. We need to find the others."

Jesse and Melle look at each other, wondering if he is referring to the rest of the Order of the Stone.

"Soren's been missing for years. But the others -- you must seek them out." He pulls out an amulet with five significant colours on it: Ash blue, light blue, blue, red and green. "Take this Amulet. And guard it with your life."

Jesse took hold of the amulet, an unsure look on his face. He turns to Melle, silently asking her if he is making a good decision. She had a frown on but nodded to reassure him. "How are we supposed to find Magnus and Ellegaard?" Melle asks Gabriel. She wanted to end all of this so Gabriel could be rest assured and find her parents.

Gabriel, despite the pain he went through, scrunched his face up, full of regret, after hearing her say the two names. He shakes it off and tries to stand up to give them the instructions before a withers tail bursts through the ceiling. Another appeared from behind and harshly pushed Petra into the wall.

"Petr-"

"You guys go through the portal and meet up with the others. I'll stay here and do whatever I can." Petra tried to usher them into the portal. She didn't want any of them to get hurt.

Melle objected, "Hell no! You both need to come with us in the portal. No way I'm letting you two die!"

Petra gave her a soft look, "Sorry, Melle. But this is something I've got to do. If anything happens, I'll meet you guys at the temple-" Before she could finish, a purple beam was slowly lifting Gabriel from the ground. Not a second later, another appears above Petra, lifting her too.