s e v e n

"Shouldn't we start preparing for the night?"

The brunette chuckles, waving her finger. "Yes, but— It's a little boring right now don't you think? Especially with the others gone."

It had been approximately twenty minutes since Olivia left and Melle was starting to lose the will to build the fort. Although the idea she had in mind may not be a good way to relieve her boredom, it was better than nothing.

"What are you getting at?" Lukas asked. In his hands was a block of cobblestone. Melle walks towards him and places a hand on his shoulder, pointing to the floor on top of the entrance.

"We're going to play pretend!"

A dumbfounded look played on Lukas's face. He repeats after her.

"You heard me correctly! You'll be the proud guard who'll defend the entrance of the castle from any danger that would harm the people within the walls." She places points to herself with a grin, "And I'll be the guard who protects those who reside in the castle."

He furrowed his eyebrows and then relaxes them, "Ah, I get the gist of it. But," his head cocks to the side, "Who exactly would we be protecting? There's no one here but us."

She wiggles her finger again, "With the power of imagination, you'll be set in a castle full of people!"

Lukas's lips curled up into a smile, watching her rant on and on.

"I see," Melle backs away, startled at Lukas's sudden movements. He kneeled on the ground, one knee on the ground and one up. His right hand over where his heart is, the other grabbing hold of Melle's hand. "However, you must know that I'm going to prioritise protecting you." Despite the tone his words were given, he looked up and gave her a sweet smile.

Melle blinked a few times before giggling. She removed her hand from his and petted his head. "Of course you will. After all, I'm the Head Guard in this Castle. And you will lay your life on the line to protect this castle!"

She skipped off and stopped at the entrance, "I'm going to explore— cough— make sure that the interior of the castle is still intact or if it needs an upgrade. Bye-bye! Make sure you do your part!"

Lukas watched her disappear. He laughs quietly to himself, walking towards the entrance of the castle and checking up on it. "I'll need to..." A familiar redhead stumbled onto the dirt floor. They were in terrible shape, gripping their arm in agony. "Petra!" He yelled, running to the entrance.

She looked up but saw no one, however, she recognised the voice and proceeded to walk as fast as she could to the entrance. Her body couldn't continue to keep walking. She had been walking and running non-stop, from Endercon to here. 'Some rest would do me good...'

The door slammed open, and a frantic Lukas appeared. "Petra!" He yelled once again, running towards her. His hands held onto her sides to prevent her from falling, eyes scanning over her body to check for any life-threatening injuries.