n i n e

The bright crescent moon gleamed like a silvery claw in the night sky, and the stars were bigger and brighter than ever

The bright crescent moon gleamed like a silvery claw in the night sky, and the stars were bigger and brighter than ever. They are calm and serene. Under the heavy footsteps, the sound of crushing leaves echoed. With the exception of the animals, the forest would have been silent if not for the idle talk among the bunch.

"Hey, umm..."

Ellegaard moved alongside Melle, a hand awkwardly brushing her hair. To say she was nervous would be an understatement. Ellegaard wanted to get closer to her, even though she was just there on a hunch.

"Melle, right? I apologise for the way we treated you earlier. Both that crook-head and I." Melle noticed that she had been more courteous to her, which she perceived as a hint of suspicion. "There is nothing to be concerned about? So it is fine. You guys are Uncle Gabriel's friends. I don't want you to feel bad about something as little as this."

'Uncle Gabriel, huh?' Ellegaard recalled Gabriel's decision to take the girl in. Her memory of him being enraged at them, shouting obscenities and other things at them for not treating someone like a human being. Her pain was palpable.

Her gaze was drawn to the jewellery. It was slung over Melle's crimson shirt and sat on top of her chest. Years ago, the green and red were shiny, but now they were faded. Hands wavered over, covering the necklace.

"You must have come up to me for a reason. What is it?"

Ellegaard sensed that she was being watched. Her lips were curved upwards as she spoke "Sorry if it came off as strange, but I was only admiring your jewellery. What an amazing piece of work."

Her harsh look gradually softens into a calm one as she recalls her past through her necklace. The older woman did nothing except observe Melle's reaction; she reminded him of the old loaf in the past. A side of him that no one else had ever seen before.

"This necklace," Gazing at the jewellery, "was from my Uncle--Gabriel. I hope wherever he is now, that he is safe and sound."

Ellegaard studied the jewellery once again, considering whether or not to reveal how much she had known. Her eyes wandered over the TNT and Redstone, triggering memories and a pang of sadness in her heart. She decided to remain silent on the subject.

"What's the deal with your buddy Axel? Can't tell if he's awesome or a little bit of a dork. He's just a little of uh, doofy, you know?"

The other elder member, on the other hand, was blissfully unaware of Ellegaard's knowledge. Melle was unknown to him. He remained the same arrogant, selfish griefer who just wanted to blow things up and behave as if he were untouchable. Ellegaard let out a disappointed groan. Should she instead inform him? He had made a fool of himself in front of the person he helped create.

"Interesting. Very interesting. So what's up with the girl and her know-it-all personality? She acts all high and mighty as though she knows everything."