f i v e

After a long, traumatic ride through the Nether, the group made it to the of the tracks

After a long, traumatic ride through the Nether, the group made it to the of the tracks. They went through a series of life-threatening events while riding the carts. Melle, however, found the ride enjoyable, a smile across her face. Meanwhile, the two were nauseated. They stood in an area that looked like it was man-made with the blocks that surrounded it like a dome. There was a Nether portal in front of them.

"This must be what Uncle Gabriel was talking about." Melle inched towards the portal. "This should lead to the surface."

Axel, who was determined, marched in front of the portal and was seconds from entering it before Lukas spoke up, "The surface is also where that creature is." Axel froze, wanting to retreat from the portal.

"He's right. We have no idea what we're walking into. It could be dangerous." A worrisome look on Jesse's face.

Everyone looked towards Axel. All eyes were on him, considering he was standing in front of the portal.

"Thanks for being so brave, Axel."

He frowns, staring into the portal. He attempted to psyche himself up, "Alright. I'm gonna go. I'm going. I'm going right now." He peeked behind himself, hoping someone would stop him. His heart dropped when no one did. "Like, right, right now."

Melle, tired from the events today, stomped forward and pushed him aside. "Oh, move over." She struts into the portal with no second thoughts. She just wanted to get it over and done with and watching Axel drag his cowardice on irked her.

Upon exiting out of the portal, she was met with water. Lots of water. She stood in a pool of water in a shallow cave-like opening.

"I mean, I didn't exactly think we'd land somewhere warm and cozy." She mutters to herself.

A raspy groan wailed beside her. She grabs ahold of the iron sword, whipping around to be greeted by the very thing she expected. The zombie shuffled towards her, the water weight slowed it down significantly.

She marches towards it, landing a blow to its head. It poofed out of existence.

The sound of someone exiting from the portal took her attention. Lukas stood there, staring at the sword she held. Concern appeared on his face.

"Did... something happen? Are you alright?" He asks, making his way out of the water and to the ground. He turns back around to help Melle up.

Melle thanks him, "A zombie was waiting at the entrance. I dealt with it already, so we should be safe for now." However, despite hearing this, he couldn't help but examine her, making sure there weren't any signs of injury. He knew she was capable on her own, but he worried for her safety, a lot.

The rest exited out of the portal.

"What took you guys so long?" Melle asks, turning to them.

Olivia pointed towards Axel, "He suddenly felt nauseous, but he looks pretty okay now." Making her way to the ground, she examines her surroundings, "Where are we?"