Ch. 2

(Ryan)

"Why did you go and see him?!" screams Ethan's mom. Ashamed, I look down trying to hide my tears. After my parents took me, they gave me away to Ethan's parents and now I'm married to their son. He's horrible. I went through hell and still am. I was told to forget about my kids. I was told to forget about Messiah. I was told to forget about Trey...

"Am I talking to myself?!" I glance up at my mother-in-law with tears running down my face. "I-I just wanted to see if he was ok--" she interrupts me by slapping me across my face. 

Tasting the iron in my mouth, I look down at my feet daring not to make eye contact with her. "If I see you around him again, it won't be just him that I kill." She says walking out of the room. Wiping the blood from the corner of my mouth, I feel a tug at my arm. As I slowly glance to the side, I see Ethan smirking at me. I can only cry inside because I know what that smirk means.

(Messiah)

Sighing, I run a hand down my face. Instead of going to lunch with my girlfriend, Myesha, I decided to stay and sign papers. I ended up opening my tattoo parlor with Trey's of course. And now our shops are right close to each other. All our customers go back and forth since they love how we do tattoos. Suddenly, there's a knock on the door. "Come in," I say keeping my attention on signing these papers. "When are you going to let me see my son Messiah?" I sigh placing my pen down and looking at her. "La' Tasha, I already told you why."

"Derek is old enough to decide who wants to see. You made me miss his last two birthdays and his graduation." I lean back on the chair. "No one told you to go to a dick appointment. You had enough time to go and be ready for all that. And besides don't make it seem like I'm the one that's not letting you."

She scoffs and rolls her eyes sitting down. "Whatever Messiah." I shrug not paying her any mind and I go back to signing papers. "So, where's that two-faced hoe that you letting around my son?" I glare at her. What she is not about to do, is talk about Myesha. "Aye, cut that out La' Tasha. You can disrespect me but don't start talking shit about my girlfriend. And besides, I can let whoever I want around Derek. He grown anyway."

"Whatever. I got to go," she says standing up, and I look at the time. It's 11:30 a.m., that means it's another dick appointment. "Let me guess, another dick appointment?" I chuckle shaking my head. "As a matter of fact, yes. But why would you care? We're divorced."

I lean back on my rolling chair. "You're right, have fun." She rolls her eyes walking out of my office. Childish ass.