CHAPTER 2- DENISE

"Courage is the most important of all the virtues because without courage, you can't practice any other virtue consistently."

Maya Angelou

Denise

...

As soon as I got home I went downstairs to the basement and bought him some food. Looking at him passed out on the floor my heart broke all over again. I can't stand the thought of him in pain, but what about the pain he caused me? I could possibly forgive him, but how could I possibly look at this child that I'm carrying without thinking of everything I went through in high school because of him?

"Agrhhh....baby is that you? Ppp, please help me." Watching him ache and groan on the floor brought tears to my eyes. I averted my eyes from him trying to ignore the scene in front of me.

"Baby please."

"What do you want me to do Raymond?" I whispered as the tears started flowing down my face like a never ending river. "What am I supposed to do?"

"Kill me. Please, anything is better than this. You and I both know I deserve it. I'm not sure if it's possible to come back from this, but you're inflicting this pain on me, I know it's killing you inside."

"I can't sleep. I can't eat. I keep trying and trying to find a solution that will heal me, but I can't Raymond. It hurts. Everything hurts inside and out. I can't stop aching." Slowly crouching down beside him I opened up to him.

"May I please have some water?" Reaching for the water bottle I opened it and put the straw in his mouth. He's lost so much weight. Dried blood on his face and throat where I had attempted to cut him, but I couldn't go through with it. Remembering how my body had just given up and my anger turned to pain as I sobbed uncontrollably on top of him. It would've been easier if he wasn't looking at me and watching me, begging me with his eyes to kill him. As the man that I fell in love with, he had simply wrapped his arms around me and held me as I cried. It's insane. I'm so deep in love with this man and yet it hurts deeply to look at him.

"Denise.." Hearing him struggle to speak brought me back to reality.

"Yes?"

"I'm so sorry."

"I know, get up." Helping him up brought me down with him, he had lost so much blood and couldn't even stand on his feet. Running up the stairs I grabbed my phone and called Rayna.

"Hey love how are you?" She said through the phone.

"Rayna I need your help please. It's Raymond, I thought I could do this but I can't and he's lost so much blood Rayna I don't know what to do he's losing consciousness please just..."

"Woah woah woah slow down slow down...I thought you didn't know where he was. Denise what are you talking about?"

"Just come help him please Rayna."

"I'm on my way." As soon as she hung up I ran back down stairs and sat back on the floor with him.