1 : Two lives

Gangnam, Seoul - South Korea 11:45PM

Hanni's POV

Have you ever imagined having two lives? Be two people at the same time? I bet you have. But between thinking about it and actually living it, there's a very big difference, believe it. For years I find myself divided between Scarlet and Hanni, two women that consume everything I have, but make me a strong and decided woman who has no fear of confronting any situation that life imposes. For someone who has lost everything and confronted situations that will make you feel sorry for me, today I am someone better.

In a matter of minutes, I could see sweet Hanni transforming into seductive Scarlet, amazing isn't it? It's like two faces of the same coin. Hanni was a hardworking girl who fought for her dreams, searching for a better way to grow and help her family, who a few years ago was completely destroyed when her father suddenly left them. Trash, I thought while remembering the most insignificant human being to ever inhabit earth. I will never forget that in the worst moment of our lives, when we had nothing, he abandoned us, leaving behind only misery. Can you imagine what was like to see your mother and your sister crying for days? Living off of people's compassion and pity? It was humiliating.

It was when I decided that I couldn't let my family live like this. I remember that as soon as I woke up that fateful day, I searched the newspaper for job offers, but by pure bad luck, no one accepted me. I remember stopping by a coffee shop, taking my last dollar with me and buying a cup of hot coffee, to then sit at the furthest table.

The place was simple, people were sitting in the tables scattered around the place, having entertaining conversations. At the counter, I noticed the presence of a blonde woman, tall, with a young and elegant appearance, and for some reason she was staring at me, but I didn't give it any attention.

I inhaled the smoke that was coming out of the small cup with the black liquid, bringing it to my lips and feeling my tongue getting warmer as it touched it. I thought of how my day was a failure, I visited several places and none of them accepted me. I remember that before leaving my house my mother touched my shoulder and looked straight into my eyes and said:

"I know that you are the only one who can change this."

And with that sentence, I was motivated to get something, and I swore to myself that I would not return until I got it.

I cried, cried when I remembered her words and the look in her eyes that was begging for something better, I cried because I had to return without having any hope. Everything was lost, I couldn't even get a simple job. And that was when I felt someone sitting right in front of me. I closed my eyes, letting my last tears fall, and then I quickly wiped them with the back of my hand and looked at the woman in front of me. It was her, the woman who was sitting at the counter.

"Is everything alright?" She asked curiously. God, if I was alright I wouldn't be crying, I thought.

"Yes, don't worry." I answered quickly.

"You don't seem to be alright, do you want to share what happened? I think you need a friendly shoulder." The woman said as she slid her thin fingers over the brim of the small сир.

Why would someone who doesn't know me be interested in my life? Maybe it was just curiosity or some interest. I stared at the woman in front of me, and she remained with the same curious gaze focused on me, but for some reason she conveyed me reliability.

"My name's Lily, nice to meet you." The woman said, extending her hand to me.

With a certain apprehension, I extended my hand and shook hers.