16 : Reencounter

Hanni's POV

After an hour and a half I had arrived at my destination. At this exact moment I was standing in front of Hye Kyo house. Looking at that environment in which I lived for so long, but that now it was so strange. It wasn't a big house or small. Let's say that it was a beautiful middle class house, painted with ivory colours, it was a little damaged, but nothing that a beautiful renovation wouldn't fix. Thinking that at any moment this house could be taken away filled me with anger. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, that wasn't my biggest problem, looking at that woman again was.

I walked in slow steps to the porch of the house, looking through the window in search of Eunchae, but no sign of her. The little one was probably sleeping, it was still too early. I was afraid to get in, that was no longer my home, even though I support it.

It has been 2 years since the last time I saw them. After so many arguments with my mother, I decided to keep my distance, which did me good. I don't know if I could have handled being judged by her for much more time. But here I was, with my hands sweating, and a certain nervousness and anxiety tormenting me. I wasn't the old Hanni anymore, but I still was afraid to hear all of her words again, those words never came out of my head, I could hate her if I didn't know everything that she went through to support us.

'You can still leave, Hanni.'

My subconscious shouted, but I wouldn't obey it. I had to face that situation sooner or later. I was doing my role as daughter, and she would have to do hers as mother.

I stopped in front of the door and knocked on it lightly for 3 times, which quickly was heard because in a matter of a few minutes the door opened. And to my relief, it was Eunchae. The little one looked at me static as if she had seen a ghost, to soon open a broad smile.

"UNNIE!"

Eunchae practically jumped in my arms, squeezing me tightly in a hug loaded with longing. I swear, I felt like crying, shedding all the tears that I've been bottling up. She was quite different now, her hair was longer, probably would be very similar to mine, she was taller, she already passed my waist. And surely she already knew how to talk perfectly well.

"I can't believe you came back! I missed you so much, unnie."

Her voice was happy and excited. I just cried, I cried for how much I missed her, I cried for seeing her so big and so different.

"I missed you too, Chaechae, a lot."

She let go of me, and stared at me smiling.

"Where is Hye Kyo?"

I quickly asked.

"She's not here, she left a little while ago. Come in, Unnie!" Without her in that house I was already more relaxed. I entered the place that used to be my home, seeing that it hadn't changed at all, everything was exactly the same as when I left.

"I thought I would never see you again, Unnie."

"I promised you that I would come back, remember? And I came back."

I smiled at my little sister who pulled me to sit down on the couch.

"Will you move back in with us? Mom put several things in your room, but you can stay in mine."

"No, Eunchae, I just came to visit. I already have my house."

"I thought you would come back, Unnie."

"I can't, but look, I promise to visit you more often, ok? And I'll take you to see my apartment."

"Really? You promise?"