7 : The Dance

Hanni's POV

After that lunch, we returned to the office and spent the entire afternoon around numerous papers and spreadsheets. The closeness with her made me think of things that I shouldn't be thinking of. It could be delusional on my part, but sometimes I felt her eyes on me, in an intense way, like Minji looked at Scarlet. Or maybe it was just my subconscious that wanted her to look at me like that too.

"We could give them last year's plans too." I said, putting some papers on her desk. It was already past 8PM.

"That would be a great idea. Are they all here?" She asked, grabbing the papers.

I heard a few weak knocks on the door, and then saw Junghwan. I widened my eyes at him, who didn't look very pleased.

"Hanni, can I talk to you?"

Minji stared at him for a few seconds, and then at me.

"Junghwan..."

"Go talk to him, Ms. Pham." She said coldly.

I closed my eyes and walked out of her office.

"What happened to our dinner?" He asked somewhat angrily.

"I'm sorry, but I don't think I can go."

He shook his head, putting his hands on his waist in an angry expression. "You're making me look like an idiot, you bailed on me for the second time in the same day!"

"What do you want me to do? I don't have a choice! Do you think I like working late?"

"You know you have the choice to leave, right? That woman barely started working here and she's already exploiting you?!"

"Sshhh! Lower your voice! Do you want her to hear us? I need my job!" I said angrily.

"Is there a problem?" I heard Minji's voice behind me.

"No, ma'am..."

"Ms. Kim, don't you find these work hours inopportune?" Junghwan asked, challenging her.

I could see Minji's veins pop out and her jaw harden. She took a deep breath and then spoke.

"Mr. So, I must inform you that I'm the president of this company and because of that I don't have to explain myself to you about my employees' work hours. If you think it's so late, why are you still here?"

She completely slayed him. I didn't doubt that if Junghwan could kill her with his gaze, he surely would've done it. Minji's words were precise and arrogant.

"You're absolutely right, ma'am. I'm sorry for asking."

"No problem. Ms. Pham, as soon as you finish your conversation, I need to show you some documents."

I just nodded at the woman who returned to her office, leaving me in silence beside the boy.

"These next few days are going to be impossible, I have to finish the general balance sheet with her until Monday, Junghwan. I'm sorry."

The boy stared at me for a few seconds, and then said:

"Right, stay with your work then, good night."

And then he left.

If his intention was to make me feel bad, congrats, he did it. His disappointed face due to my answer was very noticeable. I took a deep breath and returned to her office, seeing the most attractive woman I had ever seen. I completely forgot all about Junghwan when I saw her. She was sitting down, with her white blouse partially unbuttoned on her breasts. She had reading glasses on her face, her hair was tied up in a bun atop of her head, and she had a serious and attentive expression as she stared at the stack of papers on her desk. I allowed myself to think that spending so many hours alone with her was an attack on my sanity.