4 : New Presidency

Hanni's POV

The traffic in Gangnam was never easy, I had the feeling that that place had more cars than people. We were behind a huge row of cars, where stressed people honked continuously. We had exactly 15 minutes to get to the office, today for some reason it was requested for us to be punctual. From the last heard murmurs, a new presidency would be presented, and I thanked God for it, because having to put up with that old man as the boss was at least boring. Of course we had no idea who would occupy his position, but I didn't believe that it could be worse.

Danielle was looking attentively for any open space somewhere, so we could drive out of there. Karina just read her reports on the back seat.

"This place looks like hell today." Danielle said, her voice sounded somewhat angry.

"Dani, do not say that name, please." Karina scolded her, making me stifle a laugh because of the face that Danielle made.

We met Karina as soon as we started working at Kim Industry, she already occupied an assistant position in the advertising department. We got along well since the first day, so well that after a few months we decided to rent an apartment in downtown Gangnam. Karina was a small town girl, extremely religious, but she was such a sweet and comprehensive being. She knew about the second life me and Danielle had, but she never said anything, on the contrary, she always supported us.

After 10 minutes without moving, we were able to move a few blocks thanks to Dani's great skills at the wheel. We hurried up, entering the building before someone noticed our delay. Everyone was euphoric and nervous, the news of the new presidency was at least polemical.

"Is it my impression or is everyone restless?" Karina asked, putting her things on her desk.

"It's not your impression, Rina, everyone is nervous."

"I don't know why, I'm the one who will have to deal with the new beast every day." I said, somewhat bothered.

"Yeah Han, you were the chosen one." Karina said smiling.

"I heard it was a woman, somewhat arrogant."

"God, I really hope not! It's enough having to endure that old man for years."

"Yeah, he's really disgusting."

We talked for a few more minutes, when Junghwan knocked on the door, calling us.

"Girls, it's time. We're going to meet our new master." He said laughing

"I prayed a lot for whoever it is, to be someone good, Han." Karina said with a shy smile.

"I hope God heard you, Rina."

We walked to the conference room, where the administrative sector was in full strength. Everyone was whispering among each other. That was annoying, working in that place was like being in the jungle every day, because people swallowed and killed each other like animals for power. Obviously in the figurative sense of the thing.

"I hate to be in the same place as these people. The financial sector thinks they're the kings of the whole place." Danielle rolled her eyes.

"Hey! I'm from the financial sector!" Junghwan grumbled.

"Everyone but you, Junghwan." I said smiling.

So Junghwan was the supervisor of the financial sector. Ever since the first day I started working here, I've received his insistent advances, which by the way, are not reciprocated. I never treated him badly, because he didn't dare cross the line with me, but it was at least bothersome to have to decline him so many times, but he didn't seem to care. I could even consider the possibility of giving him a chance, but only when I thought I was ready to get involved with someone.