14 : Wicked Games

NOTE: For a better reading listen to the songs 'Pour It Up by Rihanna or Drunk In Love by Beyonce' when I tell you to on the chapter ;)

----------

Minji's POV

"Minji unnie, you should come! You know dad misses you." I heard Hyein voice trying to scold me from the other side of the line.

"I can't go, do you have any idea of how busy I am?"

"You know of his condition, and it's already been months since the last time you came to visit us."

"Hyein, please. It's not easy for me, and you know it."

"You need to learn how to deal with it, Minji unnie, we learned and you can learn too."

"I can't!"

"You can, shut up. And come this weekend, we are going to have his birthday party, and I'm sure that he would love to have you here."

I took a deep breath trying to calm down. It had been months since I last saw them, not that I didn't feel the need to be with my family, but it was somewhat complicated to be with them, and, besides that, I had a lot of commitments to take care of, which was a good tactic to escape these meetings. But apparently, this time I wouldn't escape, Hyein was decided to make me go.

"I'll think about it, ok? Who knows, maybe I'll show up there this weekend." I spoke surrendering to her insistence.

"Think about it with love, or not. But come. I'll make your favorite cake."

I smiled, remembering how much Hyein and I were united, even though she was younger, my sister knew of life very well. She has always been a mature and down-to-earth girl.

"Are you really making it?" I asked smiling.

"Yes, I miss you, unnie." her voice tone was melancholic, causing a tightness in my chest, in longing to be with her.

"I miss you too, kid." I heard her breathing from the other side of the line, paced and calm.

"I need to go, ok? You can call me whenever you want."

"Okay, I'll expect you here this weekend."

"Have a good night, Hyein."

"Good Night, unnie." I smiled remembering the way she used to call me.

I turned off the call, placing the device beside me. Phone calls or meetings with my family always left me a little melancholic, which I hated, it was complicated to feel so fragile, it wasn't in my nature, not anymore.

I closed my eyes, leaning against the padded of my chair, trying to make the muscles on my body relax, which didn't happen. At this hour I was already alone in the building, only car noises and the traffic movement in Gangnam filled that room in that instant. I got up, serving myself a glass of Whiskey, my day-to-day companion, walking to my large glass window from which I could have a beautiful view of the completely lit up city that night.

In certain moments I could feel alone and find it bad, but in others, solitude filled itself with a calmness that made me feel so good, it was at least comforting to feel shut out from the rest of the world where there are so many problems and duties. Sometimes I just needed to forget who I was, or who I would be.

'Jesus, Minji, you are too lonely.' I thought taking a sip of my Whiskey.

I looked at the clock, seeing it was more than time to leave, and lose myself for a moment in the body of the woman that I desired the most.