6.

Slumping back in my chair, I fiddle with my pen, twirling it around my fingers. Biology is as boring as ever as the teacher just reads from their PowerPoint presentation. I can do that too, just tell me when you want to hire me.

It's been a few days since my last training with Sunghoon, his coach was very pleased that he found a good partner and next week we'll start the more difficult tricks like spins and lifts, but first off the ice to get used to each other. 

I watched the recorded video of him and his partner and they had great chemistry, the routine has a lot of emotion that the coach wants us to show very well. The tricks they performed were very advanced and I can't help but be anxious. What if I break my ankle and can't compete in the roller skating competition?

I'd be devastated, but most of all I'd hurt Ye-Jun. I don't want to break any limbs before we compete in less than a week. We have also been training non-stop, resulting in me barely getting any sleep. Training at a high level is one thing, but training for two different sports at a high level is simply exhausting.

Almost dozing off, Eun-Ji throws her biology book on my table, startling me and causing my hair to fly out of my face. When I cast her a look, she merely smiles and flips open the page. "The teacher said we had a duo assignment, so I'll go with you."

"Not so fast young lady" Our teacher speaks as the class is silenced, chattering students slowly close their mouths because they know what the possible outcome of her speech will be. Eun-Ji turns back in her seat with a childish pout and I can only guess that the teacher will not let us choose. They certainly enjoy annoying us.

"For this project, I will be choosing your partners." There are groans of disapproval, but our teacher holds up her hands to quiet everyone. "It's a great way to improve your social skills because it's a new experience to work with someone you've never talked to before, it can result in better grades." She tries to be subtle, but the widening of her eyes as soon as she sees Jay and Ni-ki makes the class chuckle. They have never been the smartest duo, especially in group work, they just mess around.

Hastily rushing to get her papers from her desk, our teacher comes back and lists the names while I anxiously move my knee in a rapid manner. Why can't we work together with someone we trust? Isn't that a good trait too? In skating, trust is the most important thing.

"Hanuel and Wonyoung" The teacher adjusts her black-rimmed glasses and looks closer at her paper. "Heeseung and...Eun-Ji"

I stiffen and notice that Eun-Ji also visibly cramps up. No way. When Eun-Ji tries to protest to the teacher, she quickly dismisses her arguments and continues reading off the list. If Chae-Won were in this class, she would be screaming her lungs out. 

As she glances at Heeseung, he's already grinning at her. This surely won't end well.

"Next is Sunghoon and... gosh I need new glasses..." The girls in our class all sit up straight and move their hair. As if that will change the written words on her paper. "L-Lee...Dahlia?" She takes off her glasses and looks around the classroom. "Is there a Lee Dahlia in this class?"

I awkwardly pull my hand up and she nods in realisation. Thank you teacher like I haven't had you for almost four years. I feel jealous glances on me and avert my eyes to the boy in question who doesn't even look my way and just stares ahead. I already see him twice a week and now this project? The world won't leave me alone. I pat Eun-ji on the back and she throws me a desperate look.

"What will I do, can't we swap?" She pleads, holding her hands in a prayer as her puppy dog eyes try to convince me, but I shrug. "It's up to the teacher." As the teacher stands with her back to us, I cast her a small irritated glance. No wonder only 20 % pass her class.

"I'm really sorry, he's an asshole, make sure you don't do all the work. It's time to knock some sense into him." I say firmly, hoping this will give her some courage. She must feel terrible. As we both look at Heeseung, we shudder in disgust. How will she survive?

"Right...we have-" The teacher stretches out her arm where a gold watch glitters. "About twenty minutes to go, so I'd say you all start the project already so you have less to do at home." She throws us a beaming smile and goes back to her laptop, minding her own business. We need to finish this at home too, great. When am I going to do that? I barely have time to sleep, let alone finish this project.

A blank-faced Sunghoon walks over to my table and pulls out an empty chair. With my face on my hand, I cast Sunghoon a slightly guilty look. "To be honest, I didn't really listen to her. What are we supposed to do?" I whisper, loud enough for him to catch on. He sighs and closes his eyes, before turning his head to finally look at me. Something happens when his eyes connect with mine and it makes me want to maintain our eye contact. Instead, he clears his throat and gestures to his laptop.

"It's not that difficult, we have to watch a video and then connect the things mentioned in the video with the correct answer in our book." He gestures to his book and I nod slowly. "Okay okay shouldn't be so ha-"

"Then we have to write an article on this topic and the video" My eyes widen as he continues to explain the assignment. I watch as his dainty lips move, but I seem to be in a trance of mild shock. I thought it would be less. 

Shaking myself out of my daze, I give him a smile that says I can handle it, when in reality I'm crying on the inside. He just sends me an uncertain look, but starts playing the video as I beckon him to do so.

Halfway through the video, he starts clearing his throat and adjusting his posture in his seat to get my attention. "So um... when do you have your roller skating competition?" I pause the video and tilt my head slightly in confusion. "In less than a week, in five days to be precise, why?"

"Oh...just so I could plan our next training session." He rubs his arms a little and I nod understandingly before grinning a little, thinking back to one of our very first meetings. "Wow Sunghoon, you have learned to plan in advance, I'm proud of you." I tease and give his shoulder a pat before receiving a glare, but I didn't miss the little twitch of his lips.

"Whatever...'" He grumbles under his breath and looks at the laptop again to watch the video, trying not to look me in the eye again. I grin because I managed to fluster him and when I look back he accidentally meets my eyes again for a split second, before looking down in embarrassment, smiling in a way that makes my body tingle.

A/N:

Not me making my bias 'the villain', with *cough* a lot of potential for character development.