15.

All day, I tagged along with Sunghoon and his friends (without Heeseung). They like to tease me, but overall they're great friendship material, so their laughter made my day a little brighter. Having decided that my group cannot break up after passing them both in the corridors without getting even a smile back, I gathered them somewhere further from the school gate after school has ended.

They're both stubborn with their arms crossed. It's a miracle I was able to get them both here, especially without Heeseung accompanying Eun-Ji, as he initially wanted. He never leaves her side, he's almost like glue.

Now we're standing on the side of the pavement, near an alley on the way home. Letting my mind wander, I stand in front of them both.

"Listen, I don't want to be a saint or anything, but you need to work this out. It's really hard for each of us to deal with this situation. So please talk it out..."

It's silent as my deep sigh is the only thing that can be heard. They both look anywhere but at each other and it is as if I am a referee trying to get two stubborn players to shake hands. "Come on..."

Eun-Ji is the one huffing and she drops her arms apart. "You're one to talk, you didn't even sit with us today." I frown at this being said and feel guilty. But what was I supposed to do? They were both sitting at a different table, with different company. If I sat with the other, I would end up preferring one over the other and that wouldn't be fair.

"I thought you wanted nothing to do with them?" she continues, raising an eyebrow, referring to the troublemakers from school and I tilt my head. "Eun-Ji...you and Chae-Won had an argument and I was in the middle of it. I can't just choose one of you over the other. Both of you are my friends, my best friends and I don't want to lose you because of a stupid argument, I'm sorry if I hurt you today."

I now have both their attention, as one seems to understand me and the other still hesitates, but I continue. "You're right, I wanted nothing to do with them, but then I got involved in that deal to protect you from them, but now, no offense, now you're dating one of them? I made that deal for our friendship, but I don't understand why you would still date him. You know what he's like."

Eu-Ji bites her cheek out of guilt and looks at her feet before meeting my gaze again and then finally Chae-Won's. Their faces soften and I think they'll finally talk now. "I'm sorry, I know it's not the wisest decision of mine, but I really love him and...and I just wanted someone for myself, even if it won't last." Her voice cracks slightly and I frown. My heart breaks at the reason why.

"You don't have to apologise. Love has no boundaries, but if you want to date him, that's your decision, not ours" I say as I rub her arm reassuringly. After all, she is still my friend, I will support her no matter what, even if I know how things might turn out.

Chae-Won nods slowly and hugs herself closer, looking directly at Eun-Ji. "I'm sorry for being so blunt with you. I just want the best for you and...I'm sorry. In the end, it's still your decision."

They both cast sympathetic glances and I smile softly at them. A grin tugs at the corner of my lips. "All good now?"

Eun-Ji nods happily and Chae-Won bites her lip before agreeing as well. Squealing with delight, I pull them into a firm embrace. "God, this day started off terribly, but I'm glad you guys made up, now let's have some dinner before I go to training" They laugh and try to wriggle their way out of the embrace, but secretly I know they love it.

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

"Dahlia, you're late!" shouts Ye-Jun with a grin, tapping his imaginary watch as I stumble through the transparent doors that lead to the rink. My skates hang loosely over my shoulders because I took them home last time instead of keeping them here in my locker. I quickly mutter a sorry.

"I had girl problems!" I shout back, slumping on the bench near the exit of the rink and starting to fasten my roller skates to my feet, already feeling guilty about so much today. In a hurry, I join him on the rink and smile.

"I got worried my sunshine got caught in a storm" He grins and I smile faintly back, ignoring the nickname. "So...uh, what did coach have planned for us today?" As I rub my legs and look anywhere but at his face, I slowly start to realise why he is acting this way towards me.

"He wanted and I quote, 'A fantastic, amazing choreo that makes mouths fall open and eyes widen, so that everyone will be talking about it for years to come.' " He moves his fingers in the air and I can almost hear and see coach saying those words with a determined, but victory-thinking look. I chuckle as he throws his head back with laughter. The internationals are in the summer and since we're in December, it's still relatively far away, but before I know it, it'll soon be here.

"Okay then we'll give him his fantastic, amazing choreo" I mock and he smiles again, showing a dimple. Skating forward, I drop my jacket and phone on the bench and then start to warm up, but still feel that gut feeling, like it's not right to do this.

Unaware that my phone lights up with an incoming call, I brainstorm possible ideas with Ye-Jun. I tell him about this new trick and underpin it with my hands when he suddenly waves a hand in the air to stop me.

"Oh wait-" He chuckles after hearing a beep from his phone and then takes it out of his pocket as I look at him with interest. My eyes follow his arm and then stop on his face. His smile fades and his eyebrows draw together. He looks up at me with a strange expression. I swallow, feeling intimidated and feeling myself shrink.

"I-is something wrong?"

He looks at his phone again and then taps on something that is a picture. "This you?" He snarls and my lips part in shock at the picture that is displayed on his phone. It's Sunghoon and I skating when we did a certain trick. My face sinks and for some reason I feel very anxious. 

"Yes?"

"What do you mean yes! You've been skating with that prick?!" His face clears and then he scoffs. 

"That's why you were always so out of focus lately and-oh god, you mixed our choreography with his, didn't you? It almost cost us our competition" He puts two and two together and I skate back slightly. He knows Sunghoon is a professional skater, so it doesn't take long for him to connect all the dots.

"Okay, I'm figure skating with Sunghoon. But I'm balancing both good! It's only temporary... After the competition with him, his old partner will come back. I'm just helping him out..." Feeling the cold air on me, chills run down my spine and I can't help but embrace myself.

"Dahlia, you're really screwing up our chance of internationals to help him out? I'm sorry, but I can't let you continue, I gotta tell coach-" He starts unlocking his phone again, ready to dial the number.

"Don't!" I grab his arm. "Please, it'll be over in no time and then I'll focus entirely on roller skating, you know I work hard for it and last time it turned out fine." I try to reassure him. I didn't expect him to freak out like this. All I've been doing is my best and I know I wasn't focused at times, but it works out.

"What if it doesn't work out next time? What if we end up losing?" he scoffs. Then it's on you!"

Ouch.

"Please stop yelling..."

He clenches his fist as I am on the verge of a breakdown. His gaze softens as he sees a lone tear fall on the rink. "I'm...I'm sorry. I just don't want to disappoint coach and I want you to be happy and not feel overworked. It feels like this Sunghoon is just using you for his own benefit, because the only thing you gain is worrying and making mistakes." I sniff and he slowly skates closer, wrapping an arm around me but I flinch.

I never expected him to make such a fuss.

"I'm sorry..." I mumble and skate off the rink to gather my things and take off my skates while a guilty Ye-Jun trails behind me. "Dahlia, wait..." He sits down next to me on the bench, but I dare not look him in the eye. I've never seen him like this before and it scares me.

"I'd rather be alone now, Ye-Jun, we'll practice next week..." My sentence grows quieter with every word that comes out of my mouth and I stand up, leaving a frustrated Ye-Jun on the wooden bench.

A/N:

Oh oh, drama.