29.

We left the party after I dragged Sunghoon away from the beer pong game when it was clearly going in the wrong direction, because he insisted on another drink to swallow down 'all the revelations' of this evening. We're now roaming the streets and he's still in that overly giggly state, seemingly forgetting about the distress.

Is this the point where alcohol takes over?

On the way, he regularly bumps into my shoulder and we wiggle from side to side. 

I told our friends they could just stay longer and take the car and we would just walk the way back home. They had many questions about how we had made up, but the grip of Sunghoon's hand in mine made them grin and realise that we had done more than make up.

Once again nudging his shoulder with mine, I swing to the side and chuckle before giving him a shove back.

"Has anyone told you that you're extremely beautiful?" He blurts out and my cheeks heat up, before a teasing grin takes place on my face. I decide to mess with his head a little.

I nod and press my lips together, preventing my smile from appearing. "Actually, yes" He gasps and then shakes my shoulders a little. "Who? Do I know them? Are they interested in you?" He contemplates all the possible options and thinks about who could be a potential threat to him. It's cute to see his pink cheeks and slightly droopy eyes.

"You wouldn't believe it but..." I whisper and he eagerly leans forward to catch my next words. "This guy from school. He's tall, handsome and-"

He pouts deeply and then leans his head on my shoulder, his cheek pressing against my skin. "Of course someone other than me would like you..." he mumbles and I stiffen a little because it still feels strange to me to hear him being so open about his feelings.

"Do you want to hear the rest?" He nods rapidly against my neck and I pat his head softly before wrapping my arm around his waist as he's drifting off a little.

"This boy is really special to me, but he made me very upset once. I was really hurt you know?" I turn my head towards him and chuckle while he's still pouting. This idiot.

"Wanna know his name?"

"Definitely so I can beat him u-"

"It's you"

He jumps out of his position and stops walking. "Wait me?" His mouth is hanging open and then he slaps himself clumsily on the head, trying to recollect something about him saying I was beautiful.

"Oh... that could be quite possible. I certainly would have told you before, otherwise I'd be really stupid not to tell you..." He settles on this and then shrugs his shoulders contentedly. 

We walk again in peaceful silence as the streetlights provide us the best possible illumination. The sky is dark and overcast and when I look back, I can still see the coloured lights of Bangchan's house. Turning around, I take in the sight of Sunghoon's pondering side profile.

"Do you like it?" he announces suddenly, breaking the silence.

"Hm?"

"When I compliment you"

The number of times I've been caught off guard by him tonight is too many to count, so I nod and shrug a little. "Friends do compliment each other" I tease further, but a groan breaks free from him. Suddenly, a light peck is placed on my cheek. "Do they kiss?" He says, referring to an earlier statement and it never fails to make me blush.

"They don't" I let out, realising that we were already far beyond that stage. No one could call us friends, but what else are we?

I curse internally because we cannot have the 'what are we? talk' because it's clear he's tipsy and needs to be taken care of.