Stories from the Gap

Here are some stories to fill in that 8 year gap.

After we broke up in 2011, he asked me to go to the beach and I never replied to which he said "yeah..it's totally over." and proceeded to tell me I fail at life. A week later he apparently had a girlfriend and messaged me "so what the fuck does it matter if I have a gf?" which caused him to tell me how I piss him off and how "at least my girl wants to be around me...unlike you."

A month later, he was begging me to add him back on Facebook. He said he was trying to change his life around and that he loved me and that we couldn't just be friends because of that, that it hurt too much to just be friends.

2012 He began dating a girl named Bri. She was listed as his sister on Facebook and when I pointed it out he called me a creeper and deleted me from his Facebook. He later admitted he didn't even like her, that he just liked watching her squirm. She had a crush on him and they were playing truth or dare or some shit and he had asked her what would happen if he kissed her and she freaked out. Why he felt the need to tell me this story? I don't know either.

2017 He readded me and again began messaging me. He told me Bri was his biggest mistake, to which I replied I am surprised I wasn't it. He told me I was never a mistake and that the only mistake he made with me was letting me go. That kicked up the conversation about how I wanted to be friends with him and he didn't know how to be just friends with me because I was his high school sweetheart and that it hurt that he couldn't get me back. We had casual conversation, and this is where I found out he was a caregiver for his grandmother. It was funny because I felt that he had matured a lot over the past few years from the conversations we were having. He was telling me to change my outlook on life and how that would turn my life around. He even lied to me to make me feel better about my life situation. I told him I was being cheated on and he gave me some phony story about how he walked in on his ex fucking three guys in their apartment. It wasn't until we began dating again in 2019 that he told me it was a lie; he never moved in with a girlfriend. He did catch one cheating though, not with three guys. He also said he started dating me when he was dating a girl he was getting paid to date our freshman year. I don't remember us ever officially dating then, but he swore up and down we did. We continued talking and he said he was living his life and gaining great stories. When I asked for the story behind the apartment he apparently had with a girl for a few months, he said he only tells stories in person. I asked if over the phone would work but he refused, saying facial expressions make the story. He said we'd have to go somewhere to eat that serves beer and that I might be able to hear that story.

That story was always a lie.

We didn't talk for a whole year after that.