Twelve

Here are some of the small details I left out in the last part: I started working at a group home in June of 2021. In August, I got punched in the face. Like, literally the day after he dumped me. Yet when I texted him freaking out, he showed up at my work, drove me to urgent care, and stayed with me for hours. I think we were there for like 8 hours that night, waiting just for me to get my eye flushed out. I quit that job a few days later.

I began working at a Catholic school. My best friend's wedding was coming up. Everything seemed fine, until I disassociated and hit something on the freeway, causing me to freak out and dented my rim. My mom called my doctor and the doctor suspended my license. He helped me drive everywhere after that, which was so nice. Yes, the situation sucked but the fact he was there for me meant the world to me.  He even drove me up to Victorville early in the morning so I could get ready for my best friend's wedding, then he drove back later to be my date. He even danced with me! This man does not usually dance. He made it a night I would never forget. 

A few weeks later, he drove us out to LA to see Nightmare Before Christmas in 4D. Let me tell you, this man hates LA traffic and (allegedly) hates Disney. I couldn't thank him enough. It literally seemed like he had become the man of my dreams. He was getting out of his comfort zone, trying new things. He even went full out for Halloween and dressed up as dad bod Thor! We bought a smog machine and everything, did a trunk or treat. We both continued growing, he moved on to a better job and so did I. He went from working at a Rent-a-Wheel to American Tire Depot. I went from the group home to the Catholic school, then to a mental health facility for teens. We continued thriving, we continued being there for each other. It seemed like nothing could go wrong.