Chapter 19: Falling In Love

So she headed towards the library.

When she entered the library, she smelled her favourite smell, the smell of books.

Oh! she seems to be falling. Falling in love with this library.

Jokes aside, she went around the bookshelves, each shelf had a particular category of books.

Suddenly Bai Yue exclaimed, there was a whole shelf of books for the cure of diseases.

You must know, each shelf has a height of 20 meters and a width of 30 meters. Yes, this library is so huge, that it has hundreds of such shelves or even more, but it still seems so spacious.

After knowing that there indeed was such a shelf, she touched a random book. But it didn't turn into light as she expected it to.

So she completed two of the tasks she needed to do, and she found out that there indeed are many books on the cure of diseases but they still need to be searched if there is a cure for any incurable disease among them.

She was also sure that not all books will turn in lights by just touching them and she will be able to remember them. But what is the condition for it remains to be seen.

She then continued roaming around the library, exclaiming at the wide range of books it have.

Suddenly she saw an ancient type of table made of wood. Which was often used by ancient emperors in their study.

On the table was yet another book, Bai Yue's intuition told her that this book would also turn into light after touching it. So she touched the book and as expected, the book turned into light and she once again got a large amount of information.

This time, she didn't take as long to understand the information as the last two times.

This book tells about the library and the books in the space, it says that the books on the bookshelves will not be automatically remembered by just touching them and will disappear.

But if she wants to learn the book quickly like the other books in the study room and the alchemy room, she can put the books on her forehead and the information in the book will be transmitted to her.

This book will not disappear after she has learnt the information in it, but it will remain the same and if someone else puts the book on their forehead, they will also be transmitted the information in the book.

It depends on the aptitude of the person, and how long it will take them to understand what's written in the book.

After learning these things, all her questions were answered, and after all this information, she also felt tired, so she went to sleep in the bedroom in the space.

...

After sleeping for a good ten hours, Bai Yue finally woke up. She habitually turned to her bedside table to look at the time. On not seeing any alarm clock, she became a little confused.

Suddenly she panicked and quickly sat up on the bed.

Was everything just just a dream? Did she go back to the apocalypse, where all her loved ones had died?

She quickly stood up. She looked at the surroundings and suddenly calmed down after remembering tha she had fallen asleep in her space. Of course, there will not be any alarm clock.

Thank god, everything is real.

To calm down her racing heart, she sat on the newly bought recliner she had put in her room. With a blanket draped over her legs.

She sat on the recliner, in a daze.

To be honest, she is not as calm as she appears on the surface or in front of her friends and family. She is not that strong. She also has a vulnerable side to her. It's just that her pride does not allow her to show this side most of the time.

The last time she showed a vulnerable side, other than the time when she told everyone about her rebirth, was...

She can't even remember when was the last time she showed her vulnerability to others.

If she ever dared to show even a little bit of weakness, those old foxes in the company would not hesitate to eat her up without even leaving a bone.

And after the end of the world, if you even have time to show weakness, then you have too much leisure and are delicately protected.

In the apocalypse, every second is precious as you don't even know if you will still be breathing or if your heart will still be beating in the next second.

With people being on high alert with tense nerves all the time, to even think in a daze, where will she have the luxury to be vulnerable?

So, at this moment in the space, all alone, with the only living organisms near her being plants, she showed a rare vulnerability.

Thinking of her hard life in the apocalypse, when she could have lived a good life even in the apocalypse, with four superpowers, a space that originally belonged to her, the supplies in the company warehouses, her medical skills and the power that she held before the end of the world, she could have lived such a good life.

So why did she end up in such a miserable condition? To say that she didn't hate Bai Qing and Qin Chen would be a lie, but the one she hates the most is herself. With such good cards, why can't she play them right? Why did she waste such conditions that others could only dream of?

Bai Yue know, she is not that stupid, but she can't understand, why she ended up in such a condition where she and her friends needed to eat spoilt food to fill up their stomach and not die of hunger.

Thinking of her life in the apocalypse, Bai Yue cried even more heartbreakingly.

"Ahh..wuuu..why...why...why...why am I so blind...why was I so greedy...greedy for the love and care of a family...why can't I just be happy with the fact tha I had such great friends...why..."