Chapter 21: Young Master Lu

Suddenly, Bai Yue bumped into someone and her headphones fell.

Knowing it was her mistake for not looking at the road, she ducked down to pick up her headphones while apologizing to the person whom she bumped into.

"I am so sorry, I wasn't looking at the road and bumped in-"

She abruptly stopped what she was saying on seeing the person in front of her...

"Why are you here?"

Bai Yue was shocked to see the person in front of her. It's him...

On hearing Bai Yue's question, the man asked with an amused smile, "Oh, it's totally fine, you bumping into me felt like a soft fluffy cat jumping in my arms and I should be the one asking you this question, what is our little Yue'er doing here, in the park at such late hours?"

On hearing the man asking her a question instead of answering her, the already annoyed Bai Yue became even more irritable. It seems like she had an intuition about this, that's why she had been feeling so irritable.

"Why I am here seems to be none of your business, Young Master Lu! And who gave you the permission to call me that?"

On hearing Bai Yue's response, the man's smile faded a little, but he quickly recovered, so quick that Bai Yue didn't even notice it.

"Well, then I believe that it is also none of your business why I am here and, maybe because you were too young, so you didn't remember, it was you only who asked me to call you that, and also said that only I am the one, who can call you that."

A memory of her playing with him and following him like a tail all the time suddenly emerged in Bai Yue's mind.

"Brother Lu, how about we give each other a nickname which only we can call each other?"

Little Lu Jinchen looked at little Bai Yue dotingly and said to her, "Yueyue, such things are childish, and you are an adult, right?"

Little Bai Yue looked at little Lu Jinchen with her innocent grape like round eyes that were shining like stars, "But brother Lu, I am only 5 years old, I am still a child not an adult."

Little Lu Jinchen was amused by her and teased her, "But I seem to remember someone saying, 'Brother Lu, I am already five years old, I am not a child any more. I can go and play alone, you don't need to accompany me, you can finish your homework.' I wonder who was it?"

Little Bai Yue feigned ignorance and looked at little Lu Jinchen, "I don't know who said that, Brother Lu, but I do know that I am still a child. If you don't believe me, you can ask anyone else. They will also say the same thing!"

Little Lu Jinchen thought she was funny, so he nodded.

"Then we will give each other a nickname that only we can call, OK?"

Little Bai Yue happily nodded.

"Then Brother Lu will call me Yue'er. No one else call me that!"

Little Lu Jinchen smiled, "Fine. From now on, I will call you Yue'er. You can also call me, hmm... What will you call me?"

Little Bai Yue thought for a while, "How about Jinjin?"

Little Lu Jinchen shook his head. "No, it's too childish and embarassing."

Little Bai Yue looked confused, "Then what will I call you?"

Little Lu Jinchen thought for a while and his eyes lit up as a thought came to his mind, "How about you just call me brother Chen, anyways no one calls me that, and I will not let anyone call me Brother Chen. What do you think?"

Little Bai Yue happily nodded, "OK, brother Chen."

Little Lu Jinchen and little Bai Yue looked at each other and smiled.

Bai Yue looked at Lu Jinchen, who has grown up and become a handsome man. He has got taller, more mature and... more distant.

"Yes, Young Master Lu, it maybe because I was too young, so I don't remember saying anything like that. It's getting late, you should go home and rest, I will take my leave."

Bai Yue turned to leave. Seeing that she was really leaving, Lu Jinchen held her wrist to stop her.

Bai Yue felt someone holding her wrist and turned towards the only other person present.

"Is there anything else, Young Master Lu?"

"I... No."

What can he even say? Ask her to not go anywhere? But he seems to have lost his qualifications to say that.

Bai Yue turned around to go back to her home. There was a sarcastic smile on her lips. He was yet again going to let her go.

Bai Yue returned to her house and quietly went back to her room and locked the door.

She leaned on the door and slide down to squat and covered her face with both of the hands.

After a while, a sigh rang in her room.

Bai Yue muttered a name that she hadn't said for a long time.

"Lu Jinchen... It's good that you are back."

Soon, she stood, and her expression returned to normal, like just now the person speaking wasn't her at all.

Bai Yue threw herself on her bed and sighed again.

"Now, I can't even go out. What should I do to pass my time now? Hah... I didn't think that after I got such an opportunity, instead of feeling like there is too less time, I am feeling like there is too much time."

"If others, who will be suffering in the apocalypse in the future, knew that I already knew about this and instead working harder to collect the supplies. I was thinking about how to pass the time. Wouldn't I be suffering from public outrage? Hahahaha... Ah... I feel so comfortable thinking about it. Do I really have too much malice towards the world to think like that?"

"But I really shouldn't be thinking like this. Haih... let's go back to cook some food."

Bai Yue entered the space and first changed the space timing, which was 1:1000 by default, to 1:5, so that one hour outside the space will be 5 hours in the space.

After setting up the time, Bai Yue went to the warehouse where currently she was storing all the supplies without sorting them out.

But the space still put the same kind of things together, with a little distance between different types of items.

Bai Yue noticed that there were few items such as fruits, vegetables, and meat which were divided in two even if they were of the same type.