Chapter 22: Cooking(2)

When observing, Bai Yue noticed that certain items, including fruits, vegetables, and meat, were being split separately, despite belonging to the same category.

She went towards the pile of tomatoes and noticed that one pile was full of fresh tomatoes and another pile had the tomatoes which were a little broken or some that were a little pressed during shipping them.

"So, this warehouse also divides the things like fruits, vegetables, and meat based on their freshness and quality? Then isn't it great, even if these things have broken or pressed because of shipping, they will still be very popular in the early stage. Because after a long time has passed, tomatoes will become even rarer than the rarest diamonds, even if they are a little rotten."

"I can keep the fresh one to eat in the family and donate the broken ones, of course, anonymously."

Bai Yue talked to herself for a while, and after she has confirmed her conjecture, she remembered her original purpose of coming here. Selecting the ingredients.

"Hmm, what should I make?"

She searched on the search engine for an answer when she couldn't think of anything.

"Hmm... Something quick and easy to make... That's it! Chicken fried rice!"

"But it's the best when made with leftover fried rice."

Suddenly, her eyes lit up. She took out the rice she had made earlier. It was still hot.

Bai Yue took out a large amount of cooked in an enormous bowl and put it in a cabinet and changed the time ratio of the cabinet to 1:1000. She wants to wait for it to cool down for about 8 hours, and the current time ratio of the kitchen is 1:10, so for her, the time ratio in the cabinet is 1:100. So, according to this, she has to wait for about 5 hours.

So, in these 5 hours, she can make something else.

After a while, she decided to make the healthier version of Chocolate Banana muffins, delicious, healthy and convenient.

So, she went back to the warehouse and went to the pile of bananas that were put there as a defect by the space because of their spots. She picked the bananas with a little more spots and which were nicely ripened.

Then she took out honey, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder and chocolate chips.

There were some ingredients which she hadn't bought yet, but they were already there in her house. So she went to her kitchen and quietly took out the ingredients, put them in the space and returned to her bedroom, locked the door and went back into the space.

First, she preheated her oven. After setting up the oven, she put the cupcake liner on the largest muffin tray she could find.

Then she took out her mixer, plugged it in, peeled and broke the bananas into chunks, placed them in the mixer, and mixed until they were mashed.

After her bananas they were mashed, she poured it in a large bowl, whisked in the honey, coconut oil, eggs, and vanilla extract in until combined. She set it aside.

In a large bowl, Bai Yue whisked the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together. After pouring the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, Bai Yue whisked until everything was combined. Added the chocolate chips and reserved some for toppings.

After the batter was prepared, she spooned the batter evenly into each liner, filling each all the way to the top.

She baked them for 5 minutes and then, keeping the muffins in the oven, reduced the heat and continued baking for another 15–17 minutes until she has the toothpick inserted in the centre came out clean.

She pressed a few chocolate chips on top of the warm muffins. Allowed the muffins to cool for 5 minutes in the muffin pan, and then transferred it to a wire rack to continue cooling.

Then she repeated the same steps with the remaining batter.

And like this, she made 12 batches of muffins. While she had the time in between after setting up the tray for the next batch, she packed the muffins from the previous batches in disposable boxes and put them on the shelf reserved for cooked food.

After these were complete, she noticed that it was about time and the rice should have cooled down by now, so she took the rice out of the cabinet and placed it back in the static warehouse.

While baking so much, Bai Yue was also tired, so decided to rest for a while, before getting back to cooking.

Her mother is a famous chef and she has seen her mother's love for cooking whle growing up and eventually she also fell in love with cooking, and learned how to cook from her mother.

But when she went abroad, she fell in love with baking, so most of the time during her family or friends' birthday she bakes a cake for them.

Eventually it became kind of family tradition where on her birthday her parents will bake a cake together. Similarly, if it is her father's birthday, Bai Yue and her mother will bake the cake and on her mother's birthday, she and her father will bake.

But most of the time it is Bai Yue and Fang Yu doing the cooking, while Bai Jing just help from the side.

Bai Jing is someone who can't even boil an egg and once, when he tried to cook for his wife and daughter as a surprise, he literally, like no kidding, blew up the kitchen. Since then, they have banned him from cooking and, on much insistence; he is allowed to help in the with some minor tasks.

After resting for a while, Bai Yue went back to cooking the chicken fried rice.

First, she went to take out the ingredients. Again, some ingredients which she didn't have, she took them from the kitchen.

Chicken, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, cornstarch, sesame oil, oil, sugar, salt, white pepper, canola oil, eggs, onions, fresh mung bean sprouts, spring onion, cooking wine, etc.