1. Two Different Worlds.

Author's pov:

The sound of the alarm clock keeps on echoing in a quiet room.

A girl in her 20s woke up from her not-so-peaceful sleep as she slept only for an hour and couldn't get enough sleep as she was working on a presentation which she had to present today at her work place.

Meet Lim Y/n. A sociologist. Wants to build a NGO of her own but works in a Sociologist Department for the time being to get full settled. A bold and a strong girl, also kind but yeah a bit sassy still, the world is a bit too cruel for her.

She got up massaging her shoulders coz she just dozed off in her work table and presses off the alarm. Poor girl!

She stared at herself for a moment in the mirror and noticed the dark circles that she got for not having proper sleep. She sighed and went to the washroom and got ready as she has to arrive early for her work today, for a particular meeting.

She went to the kitchen and toasted some breads. Ate them peacefully and went out for work.

Y/n's pov:

"Another boring day in my so-called boring life" I sighed and started the engine of my car and left for work.

On the other hand:

Jay's pov:

"Oh my god!" I groaned disappointedly as I saw the other members sleeping peacefully in their own rooms. Happy with life that they don't have to go for a shoot today at the studio.

I sighed and went to the kitchen and started preparing breakfast for the 7 of us and I saw Jake coming downstairs.

"Good Morning Jay hyung!" Jake said.

"Yeah Morning Jakey. Looks like everyone is least bothered about today's shoot, huh?" I replied sarcastically.

Jake chuckled and said, "Ayy hyung! I just checked and saw Jungwon and sunghoon getting ready, sunoo bickering with Niki over some skincare stuffs and Heeseung hyung is still in his dreamland!"

"Hmm. Heeseung might be dreaming of u, yk!" I said to Jake, teasing him.

"Hyung!!! Stop that please" Jake's cheeks turned into a crimson red colour and he just went to the kitchen and had a glass of water.

Man is in love can't help.

time skip~

Y/n's pov:

"Fuck life!" I sighed and took a sip of my nth number of coffee for the day.

The amount of caffeine I'm consuming these days just makes me feel sick. I shouldn't be doing this tho.

"Y/n" A voice called over and I saw my colleague Yeonjun coming towards me and snatched away my coffee and gave me a glare saying,

"Have u even counted the number of times u went to prepare coffee for urself today, huh?"

Well, he's not just a colleague but my all time best friend tbh who was always there for me in my thick and thin times.
We graduated from the same college and had been friends for almost a long time. I gave him a assuring smile and said,

"Yah man! I'm all fine and nothing happened to me after having so much of coffee Ik I'm overdosing it but I can't just doze off in my work place, Yeon!!"

"Y/n, stop overworking yourself and give some time for yourself too. You look so ugly rn that I wanna puke lol." He said.

I gave him a glare and said, "U better watch out what u are saying grumpy man!"

The next moment, we just ended up laughing at our own stupidness.

Even though, life is not always euphoric like the way it should be but small moments like this always lift up my mood and at the end of the day no matter how much exhausted I am, thinking about these brings me happiness. The effort one makes to lift up my mood so that I don't feel left out or lonely makes me feel happy.

Jay's pov:

"And cut!" The director announced and the shoot was finally over for our upcoming album.

I sat down in the couch of our dressing room and Sunoo just joined me to keep some company.

I noticed Sunoo was fidgeting with his fingers as if he wants to tell me something but hesitating.

"Is something bothering u, Sunoo?" I said being concerned.

"Aniyo! It's just that I feel that Sunghoon is going a bit distant from me for the past few days and not talking with me properly. It just makes me sad thinking about it coz I really adore him as my friend and suppressing my feelings that I actually have for him." He said.

"Maybe he's exhausted with work and all yk we all are for our comeback. Lots of work and no time for our personal lives. Talk it out with him? Might help." I said and gave him a little pat on his shoulder assuring that it's gonna be okay and he just smiled at me.

The day went well for us and we were all getting ready to head back to our apartment I said the boys to head back home first and told them that I will just take a walk for some fresh air and then go back home.

They all agreed and left after some minutes. I took all my belongings and walked out of the Hybe building and started walking inhaling the air ourside and a smile crept in my face knowing how much I wanted this.

Y/n's pov:

I felt like walking today and not taking my car to go back home. So I left the office waving everyone a bye and started walking.

The cold breeze passed through me making me feel relaxed and I just kept on walking taking a glance at the busy roads of Seoul.

I enjoyed this not until.

It started raining.