Time machine

Scarlett pov:

While we sat in the car. Me besides Bill and Cat sleeping in the backseat, I kept daydreaming. I looked out the window while thinking about how great life would be if I had a time machine and I could go back in time and kill Tom when I had the chance.
I looked over at Bill. He was focussed and angry. Staring out of the window on the road. I could see how much he wanted to punish Tom. I saw that same look in his eyes many times back then. No matter how much I want to forget all of that, I just can't.
Cat started crying in the backseat. I looked behind my seat to look at her to see if she was okay. She seemed to be okay. Probably just upset that she woke up in an unfamiliar place.
Out of relfex I looked out the back window before returning to my normal position. There was a car behind us far away, getting closer to us very fast. After a few seconds I was able to see what car it was. And I knew I had seen it before.

"Bill? Is that Tom's car or am I going crazy?" I asked and looked at him. He looked in the mirror to see the car and I saw the panic rise inside him.

"It's him. Fuck!" Bill said and sped up. Cat started to cry even louder and I started to panic as well.

"How the fuck did he get here so fast? And how did he find out where we are? What the fuck do we do?" I said out loud though I didn't mean to. I mean to only think that.

"I don't know. I don't know, and I don't know." Bill answered and stared at the road, very focussed.

"Shit!"

Cassie's pov:

I had never felt so lonely since I was a child. I felt so much comfort with Tom being with me. Knowing that he loves me in some way. But then he just left without saying "I love you" or giving me a real explanation to why I can't just come with him. And why he's even going in the first place. How can a baby that he has never seen before be that important to him?

Cassie, about four years ago...

The noises in the house kept me awake all night. I never understood how that was possible. First it was my adopted baby sister crying for hours. Then my big sister coming home with her boyfriend right before midnight and showering with him, making food with him, laughing with him, watching movies with him. And my mom was too tired and depressed to stop them.
I grabbed my phones and looked at the time for the 236th time. It was only three in the morning. Three more hours until I was allowed to get out of my room. I pulled the blanket over my head and texted my "boyfriend".

Cassie:
Hey Marco
Are u awake babe?

I waited for about a minute until I saw that he was actually responding. I felt warm inside. I always did when he texted me.
Marco was my best friends big brother. He was almost 17 now. I met him a few times at my friends birthday or a class thing with family allowed. And every time he looked at me and smirked, I blushed and looked away.
He was quick to ask me for my number. Of course I gave it to him and we started texting a lot every single day. I was sure he liked me and he deffinately knew I liked him. It was exciting to have a boyfriend that much older than me. Probably illegal but it felt like love. Real love.

Marco:
Why are u awake Cas?
U should be sleeping at this time
U can't feel fresh and be healthy for me tomorrow if u haven't slept

Cassie:
I know, I'm sorry
The house is so noisy, it's impossible to get any sleep at all

Marco:
How about I drive to ur house and pick u up?
Pack some things and u can sleep with me tonight
How does that sound baby girl?

It took me some time to reply. I was completely taken aback by this question. And the fact that he called me baby girl. I always love when he calls me that. But this is the moment I've been hoping for and I cannot waste it.

Cassie:
I'll pack my things
When can u be here?

Marco:
What abt 20 min?

Cassie:
Deal. I love uuuuu ❤️

Marco:
I love u too baby girl

I quietly got up from the bed and found a bag under my bed. I decided not to change out of pajamas. He would like to see me like this.
I packed my most important stuff and tried to get down to the front door without waking anybody up. And not long after, I heard a car arrive and a message from Marco saying that he was here. I opened the door slowly and sneaked my way out and ran to his car. I threw my bag in the backseat and sat in the front with Marco.

"How are you?" Was the first thing he asked. I looked up at him with tired eyes. He looked so magestic. Beautiful dark hair and pale skin and such bright blue eyes. And his cute smile when he asked me a question made me melt.

"Tired. Very tired." I said and sent him a little smile.

"I'll get you back to my place then." He said and started the car.

He pulled up to his house. I knew where it was. I had been there before. One time. That was with my best friend. Her parents had gotten into an agrument to she took me to her brothers place after school instead of her own house.
Marco got out of the car and ran to my side. He opened the door for me right before I was able to. I smiled and got out, letting him close the door behind me. He was so much taller than me. And he stood so close to my quivering tiny body. It was very obvious that I was freezing to death. He quickly grabbed my bag and took it over his shoulder before picking me up like I weighed nothing. I squealed as I lifted from the ground but went quiet when I focussed on the feeling of his strong arms wrapped around me.

"It's a special day Cas. I'm gonna treat you like a princess." He said as we walked to the front door. He had to put me down to open the door and I quickly sped inside to get warm again. And when I finally got warm, I got so tired that I almost couldn't see straight anymore.

"Wow, you really need to sleep." Marco said and picked me up again. That was probably a good idea since I had lost all bodily functions and couldn't move an inch.
He carried me to his room and laid me softly down on his bed.
The last thing I remembered from that day was watching him take his shirt off. The way he pulled it over his head and I could see his strong back muscles. I felt like I was dreaming.

***