Say Yes

"We've been investigating the victim's lives to find some clues, but... It's like searching for a needle in a haystack." - Will sat in Hannibal's office, talking about the latest case. He would often come to Hannibal even after work hours for advice and to, hopefully, feel some stability.

"Burning is a very cruel way to kill someone. It's like pure hatred. Do you think this could negatively affect you?" - Hannibal asked, sitting across Will.

"I feel his... Burning passion. It's quite unlike the usual psychopaths I get to encounter." - Will anwsered, a deep frown forming on his face, "But I feel like... My mind is not clear. At this point it feels like I'm just waiting for him to kill again."

"It's profound hate. That is a powerful tool. You fear that if he kills again, it will be your fault for not catching him on time."

"I feel like if I was at my best, I would be able to figure it out." - Will got up, pacing the room in frustration.

"The lack of sleep and the stress could be affecing you." - Hannibal didn't move from his spot, and continued to observe Will's movement, "This case has strong emotions involved. It's easy to get caught up in."

"I guess... Once you give in to the hatered and jealousy... It's almost impossible to go back."

"Yes. The power consumes you." - Hannibal smirked vaugely.

"Well, it will certainly consume him. He can't wait to kill again. It's just a matter of time."

--------------------------------------------------------------

Will's predicions came true as he was called in for another killing just the next morning. The house looked similar to the previous couple's. The fire consumed everything in front of it, and the remains looked even worse then the previous victims.

"Joleene and Mark Sanders. Married for 5 years, no kids. Seemingly no connection to the previous victims." - Jack explained to the team, showing them a piciture of the victims.

"He enjoyed this profoundly. Set them on fire, then got out though the window. He watched from there." - Will spoke, poining at the open window on the left side of the bedroom.

"How do you think he chooses them?" - Jack asked.

"He's someone who spends a lot of time with couples... Maybe a priest, a dance teacher... A counselor." - Will paced aound, trying to focus his thoughts, "There is a connection, but he knows if he makes it too obvious, he'll have to stop killing. And he doesn't want that..."

"So, all we have to do now is find that connection." - Jack commanded.

--------------------------------------------------------------

As with the previous victims, the team investigated their lives thoroughly. Will and Eliana went to Joleene's parent's house to talk to them. It was an old, but a very warm house that now echoed with grief. Pictures in frames decorated the kitchen cabinets, like a time capsule that incorporated the most beautiful moments of their lives.

"They never had any trouble... What kind of a psychopath would do this?!" - Joleene's mother cried while anwsering Will's questions.

"Did they know an engaged couple named Matty Payne and Clara Hardy?" - Will asked.

"No, no. I have never heard of them..."

"Could I, perhaps, look at some of your things and pictures? You seem to have kept every memory, and I figure it could contain a clue. A connection." - Eliana asked, trying to sound as respectful as possible to the grieving couple.

"If you think it could help you catch this psychopath... Go on." - Mrs. Sanders approved.

"Thank you."

Eliana walked through the living room, picking up the framed photos and observing the details. Then, she went to the kitchen and looked at the postcards and magnets from all the places they travelled to. Nothing stood out in particular, but then she came upon a photo album from their wedding that laid inside a cabinet. She looked through the album that included photos from the engagement, bachelor's parties, all the way to the fancy wedding and the honeymoon. The wedding invitation was stuck between the last two pages, containing a logo with two intervened rings. This logo looked familiar, so she tried to remember when she'd seen it. She went over to Will, quietly pointing at the album: "Hey, Mr. Graham, come look at this for a second."

"Excuse me for a minute." - Will pardoned himself and they walked to the hallway.

"See this logo?" - Eliana pointed, "I thought it looked familiar, and then I remembered where I saw it. Matty and Clara's wedding invitation had the exact same logo. I saw it at Clara's sister's house."

"That means they went to the same wedding agency." - Will basically finished her thoughts, "And who spends a lot of time with engaged couples?"

"Exactly. Someone who plans weddings." - Eliana smiled, feeling proud of her theory, "Do you think it's worth checking out?"

"We've checked based on less." - He noted with a little smile, "And, you've got a good eye, Eliana."

"Thank you." - She smiled, "It's only because of what you said earlier about him spending time with couples."

"If the circumstances were a little different... We could have made a good team." - Will had a sour expression on his face.

"What are you talking about? We do make a good team!" - She tried to cheer him up, "Now, let's not waste any more time."

--------------------------------------------------------------

The agency in question was called 'Say Yes', and it was the biggest wedding planning agency in town with over 20 employees.

"Hello, how can I help you?" - The agency director asked with a wide smile while welcoming them in her office.

"It's about some of your clients... They've been killed." - Will explained, "Can you tell me who was in charge of planning Matty Payne and Clara Hardy's wedding?"

"Yes... I have heard about Matty and Clara. Let me just check." - The woman went over to the computer, checking a file, "It's Randy Barlow, one of our best agents."

"And what about Joleene and Mark Sanders? It would be around 5 years ago." - Will asked.

"Unfortunately we don't keep such old data." - She shrugged.

"And... What can you tell us about Randy? Specifically, has he had problems with a woman? Maybe his mother... But most likely a romantic partner."

The director's face saddened at the question, and she sighed deeply, "Randy was engaged. I know the details because I was his wedding planner. A week before the wedding...His fiancee ran away with another man. Apparently it was one of her collegues. After that, he'd never heard from her again."

"So, how did that affect him?" - Eliana asked.

"Randy was heartbroken... Imagine, he had to cancel the wedding, call his exended family... And after all that, he had to continue planning other's weddings." - The director shook her head.

"And, where could we find Mr. Barlow?" - Will questioned.

"I can give you his adress. But about an hour ago he told me he had some business to attend to. His clients are getting married today."

Will and Eliana both though the same thing and looked at eachother in understanding and fear, Did he decide to upscale his killings? Make it more glorious? It would fit the profile, as Will predicted he would go off the rails the more he started enjoying the killings. The hatered and jelaousy were building up for years, and now he finally decided to be true to his feelings. Kill other's happiness, just like his own future was killed.

"Please, tell us where this wedding ceremony is happening." - Will tried not to sound as panicked as he actually was.

After they'd gotten the adress, they hurried to the site, hoping they were wrong about Randy.