The Ripper appears

After a few peaceful days, a new case appeared. A murder of a nurse occured inside the Baltimore State Hospital for the Criminally insane, a place famous for holding some of the most brutal murderers of the area. The place had a peculiar chilly feeling about it, and so did its general administrator, a man called Frederick Chilton.

"Did you ever think about the possibility that the Chesapeake Ripper stopped killing because he was already in custody?" - Chilton spoke arrogantly from across his office table.

"Do you believe Gideon is the Ripper?" - Jack asked.

"Well, you can see the scene for yourself."

Chilton led Jack to the medical room where the nurse's corpse was displayed on a gurney. What seemed like a hundred poles were sticking out from all parts of her body, and her eyes were squeezed out. Will had already finished envisioning the gruesome murder, and he stood in the middle of the room while looking at the body. Eliana wasn't close to Will as usual, but as far away as possible, as her crossed hands betrayed unusual nervousness.

"Exactly like the Ripper's last known murder." - Jack observed, "The details were never published. Do you think Gideon could really be him?"

"I am not covninced. She was already dead when he prodded her. The Ripper usually did it... the other way around." - Will anwsered with a frown.

"But how would he know the details?"

"Well... I might have a theory. But there's really no way of knowing."

"And, any insightful information from you?" - Jack turned to Eliana who was now well known for finishing Will's sentences.

"Umm... He is a surgeon. It would fit the profile." - She anwsered shortly.

Will glanced over to her as he felt tension ih her vague anwser, "It would be best to ask Gideon himself."

--------------------------------------------------------------

Will and Alana were to conduct separate interviews on Gideon to determine whether his claims had any validity. Eliana begged Will to bring her along, and he agreed as she proved she could be useful in an investigation, but he found her eagerness out of the ordinary. Thick prison glass seperated them from the supposed 'Chesapeake Ripper', and he seemed amused from all of the attention that was suddenly coming his way.

"I think you already know who killed the nurse. What's the mystery, then?" - Gideon smirked as he leaned closer into the glass.

"The mystery is if you are who you claim to be." - Will crossed his arms.

"I already told you who I am. What more do you need?"

"Some proof, maybe."

"I think all of the proof you need is back there in that medical room." - Gideon said mockingly, fixing his gaze on Eliana who kept a safe distance, "To me, a real mystery is, why does the pretty young thing back there look so scared?"

Eliana ignored the question, trying to hide her shaky hands by pressing them into her jacket.

Will noticed the motion and tried to keep Gideon from changing the topic. "Hey, you aren't going to stop me from asking questions so easily."

"You know I can't do anything to you. I'm closed behind a really thick glass. So, either you're not fit out to be a cop, or it's... personal between us." - Gideon completely ignored Will, continuing to focus on Eliana.

"I-I..." - She stuttered, "Actually..."

"HEY! I told you to focus on me." - Will raised his voice at Gideon, interrupting Eliana's intentions of anwsering. Then, he nodded his head, instructing her to wait outside. She left hesitantly, still eager to finish her sentence.

"Aw, you took away my fun." - Gideon frowned.

"A man like you shouldn't be given the chance to have fun. Now, let's get back to the nurse..."

--------------------------------------------------------------

Somehow, Eliana managed to avoid Will for the rest of the day, and finally went to the dorm. She hadn't even realized when she'd fallen asleep, but suddenly she was woken up by the phone ringing.

*trr trr*

The clock beside her said 3:25 AM.

"Mmm... Hello?" - She anwsered hoarsely.

Instead of an anwser, a melody played from the other side. It was a melody she was very familiar with, as it was the last violin piece she ever played. As Beethoven's beautiful D major concerto played, Eliana dropped her phone with shaky hands. She was now completely awake, and rushed to turn on the lights. She checked the door and the windows to make sure the room was safe. After calming down a bit, she sat back down on her bed, replaying the day that ruined her life in her head. It seemed like it happened just yesterday. Could the killer be contacting her? But why would he do it? What more could he want from her? Or has she perhaps imagined everything?

When she came back to the present day, the sun was already shining through the blinds, and it was time to go back to the office. She dressed quickly and hurried outside, her mind in a tired haze from not sleeping.

The FBI quarters buzzed with a panic, and an argument was coming the forensic room.

"Are you sure it wasn't a dream?" - Beverly asked Jack.

"Yes! I did not imagine this. It was Miriam!" - Jack paced the room agitatedly, "She was tracing the Ripper when she disappeared."

"Are you sure she's dead?" - Will asked.

"Yes. He must've recorded her voice."

"So... You think he really is out there? And he made sure you knew that by calling you in the middle of the night?" - Eliana jumped in.

"That's exactly what I think." - Jack anwsered surely.

Eliana took a step back, realizing that if what Jack said was true, the killer really could be contacting her. And not just any killer, but the Chesapeake Ripper. The one she was looking for all this time could be The Ripper in the flesh. She exited the room in a haze while the conversation was still fiery, but her hand was suddenly grabbed by Will.

He dragged her to his office, locking the door behind him.

He exhaled, and then got straight to the point, "So, this 'personal connection' you have to the Ripper.... Tell me right now." - He sounded angry.

"What makes you think that I d-do?" - She stuttered, avoiding his angry gaze.

"Eliana. Stop avoiding it. Tell me right now, or I go tell Jack that you're unfit for our unit." - He got closer to her, not breaking the eye contact.

"It's-" - She exhaled, "All right. I'll tell you."

--------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note: Hello! Finally Eliana will reveal her past. Next chapter coming VERY SOON! Tell me your thoughts.