The wall of Names

(Y/ns pov)

I woke up super early to Alby shaking me awake and telling me not to scream "come with me I want to show you something before you go into the maze." He took me to a wall a wall with names on it some crossed out "what happened to them?" I ask "dark days." He stated and I left it at that he hands me a knife "add your name you're one of us now." He said and I carved my name in the wall when Minho came up "put this on go get water from fry and meet me by the doors." He said like he was rushing me and he was I put the runner thing on and went to fry who handed me water and I went back to Minho at the doors that we're still closed "so what exactly do we do?" I ask "okay listen all we do is run the maze and map it looking for a way out you got that shank?"he said but asked at the same time "yeah yeah I get it one more thing." I say "what now!" He spat "why do you hate me so much?" I ask "because you're a shank and think you're better than everyone." He answered and I genuinely thought that was him but oh well the doors open and we run the maze I ran slow enough so that i could follow Minho but fast enough so I could keep up I had no clue where I was going so running ahead would be pointless.

(Minhos pov)
I still can't believe alby did this to me giving me a co keeper I was perfectly fine on my own I don't need her she's rude and thinks she better than everyone especially me she's fast though I have to give it to her but this isn't fair I don't need her at all but since she co keeper I have to tell her the truth about this place no one but me and alby know and now she has to maybe she'll stop running once I tell her god I hope so I stop running so she does to I take the water I got from fry and drink some she does the same "so why are you following me like a lost puppy?" I ask knowing what she'll say but wanting her to admit it "because I kind of am." She said and she was I right I just nodded when she spoke again "Minho I think we started off on the wrong foot can we start over?" Was she actually being nice? Maybe we should what no what am I saying "no we can't come on keep up." I said tossing my bottle back into my bag and took off she followed was she being serious or was she messing with me either way she was so rude to me when we met so no we can't start over I will never give her another chance.

(Y/ns pov)
At some point it was time to head back so we ran back to the glade Minho seems to know a lot about the maze that changes all the time once we make it back he kept running I didn't know what to do so I stopped "no jobs not over yet follow me." He said so I continued to follow him we went to the woods and a hut deep in it I follow him inside "what is this place?" I ask "this is the map room and this is the maze all of it." He says while removing a sheet from over top of the entire maze "what do you mean all of it I thought we we're still mapping it?" I say back clearly confused "there's nothing left to map I've ran every inch myself every cycle every pattern if there was a way out we would've found it by now." He said again "who else knows about this "me and Alby." He said again "why not everyone?" I question "it's Albys call he wants people to believe we have a chance of getting out." He said which that makes sense "and your telling me why?" I ask "because shank you're co keeper I have to." He seemed irritated "okay fair point." I say thinking the conversation was over "tell no one got it?" He said as well as questioned "yes got it." I reply and he takes off out the door I put the sheet back over the maze and wait till I'm certain Minho is gone and I leave and go back to find newt something tells me he's in the garden so I go there and sure enough that's where he was "hey newt!" I say once I get there "oh hey greenbean!" He says back "whatcha doing." I ask "just finishing up dinner is about to start wanna sit with me?" He asks "yeah sure I'd love to!" I say and he finishes we go get food and sit down not long after Minho Gally Winston Clint and Jeff come sit with us Fry comes to once everyone has their food me and Minho don't speak to each other but we chat with everyone else "so Minho y/n did you guys find anything?" Gally asks "no nothing." Minho answered I stayed quiet "you can only hope one day you'll say yes." Winston responded "I guess so." Minho spoke again I used to love his voice now it sounds like nails on a chalk board or what I imagined it'd sound like I hate it now everything that he said makes me want to bash my head into the maze walls soon enough Alby comes over "Minho when you're done I'd like to speak with you." He said Minho nodded finished his food and went with Alby I wonder what they were talking about.

(Minhos pov)
"So what's up?" I ask Alby "how was her first day?" He asked he was talking about y/n "good she kept up." I responded "good did you tell her about the maze?" He asked "yeah I did." I say back "did she take it well?" He asked "yeah surprisingly." I respond "good you gonna keep her around then?" He ask "it's not like I have a choice do I." I state but question all at once "nope I think you'll like her eventually." He said as he began walking away "no never in a million years!" I shout a bit to where he could hear but no one else I went back to the table and sat with the rest of the group of friends I had well all except y/n she was my enemy once it was time we went to our hammocks to sleep mine happened to be by hers and I hated that but couldn't change it I lay awake for a bit listening to a section of the maze close and another open and eventually fall asleep.