FOREVER MINE- Chapter 6

CHAPTER 6

Angel picked Sarah up early again on Sunday, and they had breakfast at a greasy spoon. They sat on the same side of the booth. Angel had given up trying to hold back. He kissed her and caressed her every chance he got.

Even when their food came, he couldn't keep his hands off her. Between bites, he nibbled on her ear and pecked her endlessly. Sarah seemed to object, whispering, "People are watching." It seemed to Angel with all the giggling she was doing, she was enjoying it more than she was admitting.

After breakfast, Angel asked if there was anywhere in particular she wanted to go, hoping she'd say somewhere he could enjoy her in private. But much to his chagrin, she said she'd never been to Old Town San Diego and knew it was less than half an hour's drive.

Angel frowned. "You don't wanna go there."

She pouted, making Angel smile. "Valerie said it's a must see."

He rolled his eyes, putting the last piece of sausage in his mouth. "She would. She's a girl, and it's nothing but shopping."

"No, I heard there's a lot of history to see there too," she said quickly. "And, she said the Mexican food there is great."

Angel smiled and kissed her nose. "All right, whatever you want, but if it's Mexican you want, I know somewhere better."

They spent the rest of the day in Old Town. They took a trolley that dropped them off at the most interesting points. The rest of the time they walked and talked and laughed. Her laugh was infectious, and he found himself smiling and laughing with her all day. It was amazing to Angel how comfortable he felt with her and so soon.

When they got to the main shopping area, Angel was on a mission. He was looking for something to get Sarah. He wanted something special she could remember their first date by.

They strolled into one of the shops. Angel took in all the junk on the counters. So far, everything he'd seen was either too cheap or too cheesy.

He walked over to where Sarah had stopped and was looking at little turtle figurines with heads that bobbled. Angel tapped the little head to make it wiggle.

"You like that?" He grimaced.

"It's cute."

"My sister has a bunch of those. Ever since her friends found out she liked them, they've started buying her more. So she collects them now," Angel chuckled. "I remember the time some idiot brought one to the restaurant for her. My brother Alex broke the head off."

Sarah looked at him weird. "Why'd he do that?" Angel was still smiling. He picked out a couple of the turtles for his sister and turned back to Sarah.

"She was only fifteen. Not only was she too young for a boyfriend, the guy was eighteen. He was nuts if he thought that was gonna fly."

He watched as Sarah crinkled her nose and got that little wrinkle between her eyes. He was beginning to love all her expressions. "Maybe he was just a friend."

Angel smiled. "No such thing."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean there's no such thing as guys and girls being friends." Angel moved along the aisle, still not seeing anything that grabbed him. He stopped when he noticed Sarah hadn't moved. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." She walked toward him. "You really believe that?

"Believe what?"

"That guys and girls can't be friends?"