Forever Mine - Chapter 28 Part 2

Chapter 28 -Part 2

Angel was supposed to just drop Sofia off at the restaurant but ended up hanging out and helping out. That happened a lot lately. He had nothing better to do, and the last thing he wanted was to sit around the house dredging up painful memories.

Eric and Romero stopped by to grab breakfast. They sat in the bar area that normally wasn't open that early in the morning, but the restaurant was pretty busy, and Alex told them he didn't want them taking up space in the dining room. Romero had snorted that he was a paying customer but shut up when Alex told him to pay his tab.

After showing a few more patrons to their tables, Angel walked over to where Romero and Eric ate. They were talking about going to watch some extreme fighting later that evening. Romero's uncle's friend was promoting it, and he could get free tickets. Angel considered it. He hadn't gone out since he'd broken up with Sarah.

He was trying to snap out of the nasty mood he'd been in lately, but knowing Sarah was spending more time with the perv as they spoke did nothing to help.

Alex slipped his head out the office door. "Hey, Angel, some guy named Sydney is on line one for you. Isn't that Sarah's friend?"

Romero chuckled, and his voice went high pitched. "Whoa, drama!"

Eyes closed, Angel pinched the bridge of his nose, muttering under his breath. "What now?"

He ignored Romero and didn't respond to Alex's question. Instead just walked over to the bar phone. "I got it."

"This is Angel." Both Romero and Eric were staring at him with stupid curiosity, so he turned his back to them. Through the mirror on the back wall of the bar, he could see they were still gawking. He flipped them off with a humorless smirk.

"Sorry to call you at the restaurant, but I didn't know how else to get a hold of you." Angel couldn't be sure, but he sensed panic in his tone, and it unnerved him.

"What's up?"

"Not sure how much you know about this coach of hers, but from what Sarah's told me, he sounds like a real prick."

"She said that?" Angel's lips twitched ready to  smile.

"Well, no, she told me about the things people say about him, but she's convinced he's a good guy."

Angel frowned, not sure what Sydney was getting at but immediately lost his patience. "Yeah, so?"

"I personally don't think it's a good idea for her to be around him so much, especially alone," Sydney paused. Angel thought he heard him grunt. "He convinced her to go running with him today on some isolated trails up in the mountains. I don't like it. I think he's up to no good."

Angel gripped the edge of the bar and gritted his teeth. "I heard about the run. But they're in a group."

"That's why I'm calling you." Angel definitely heard a door slam that time. "She called me this morning. Conveniently, everyone else cancelled at the last moment. So she's up there with him now—alone. I don't think he ever intended for there to be anyone else. I think he planned it this way."

Everything after the word alone was muddled. Angel hadn't heard a word of it. The tension he'd been feeling for the past weeks peaked, and he felt ready to explode. Every muscle in his body was on edge. He spoke through his teeth. "Did she say where?"

"No, only that it was the same park you took her to in the fall."

The park couldn't be too crowded on a day like this, and he knew the car that asshole drove. He'd find them, and when he did, Angel was going to relieve all the pent up tension he'd been building up since he broke up with Sarah. He felt ready to kill."I'll find her."