FOREVER MINE - Chapter 10

CHAPTER 10

Valerie squealed in delight when Sarah told her about meeting Alex. But Sarah had left a few things out. On the way to the restaurant, Sarah thought it was only fair she fill Valerie in on everything she'd told Alex. To her surprise, Valerie wasn't fazed.

"God, Sarah," she laughed. "As if he doesn't have a big enough head already."

Sarah thought of the outrageous way he'd flirted with her. Yeah, he was a ham, but not necessarily conceited. "I didn't get the impression he had a big head."

Valerie rolled her eyes. "Sarah, I told you they're all sweethearts. I'm sure he's a real nice guy, but trust me he knows he's hot."

Sarah smiled. She had to admit there was no way he couldn't know. "But you'd go out with him if he asked you, right?"

"Are you kidding?" Valerie said. "He's the ideal guy for me. He's so hot, older, and more experienced than most of the lame guys from school. The last thing I'd have to worry about with him would be any pressure to commit."

Sarah's jaw dropped. "You mean you wouldn't want a relationship, even with him? I thought he was the man of your dreams?"

Valerie turned to look at her. "Oh, he is, and I'd be all over him if I ever got the chance. But I learned my lesson with Reggie, Sarah. As much as I liked him, after a while it just got to be too much. I couldn't stand it. If I hadn't broken up with him, I would've cheated on him for sure."

Sarah was floored. "Really?"

Valerie nodded as she pulled into a parking spot across from the restaurant. She turned the car off and pulled down her visor to check her face in the mirror.

"Yeah." She powdered her face. "I know it sounds terrible, but Monica and the girls had already gone to party over the border in T.J. a couple of times, and it killed me that I couldn't go because of Reggie. When you go to T.J., you're gonna hook up. No question about it. I'd already told them that the next time they went, I was going with them for sure."

She flipped the visor down and looked at Sarah who was staring at her still in disbelief. "So I broke up with Reggie before we went, and sure enough, I hooked up with this hot guy from LA. I had such a blast. I knew the committed relationship thing just wasn't for me. Maybe someday, but not now, I'm just having too much fun."

Sarah still couldn't believe it. Valerie had told her the whole Reggie story before, leaving out the part about T.J. But Reggie was no Alex. Still, if that's the way Valerie felt, who was she to tell her otherwise?

"You're something else," Sarah said as she opened the car door.

"But I'm honest," Valerie said.

"Yeah," Sarah couldn't argue there. "That you are."

As they crossed the street, Sarah's thoughts shifted back to Angel and Dana. She took a deep breath and frowned. She wasn't looking forward to having that conversation with him, but she knew she had to address it before things got worse.

When they walked in, Sarah felt faint when she realized Angel's parents were there. She hadn't counted on meeting them so soon.

As soon as Angel saw them, he'd walked over and planted a kiss on Sarah that made her legs weak. He introduced both her and Valerie to his parents.

His mother, Isabel, was an average height, slender woman in her mid-forties. Sarah could see Angel and his siblings had gotten some of their most attractive features from her. She had big eyes and the thick lashes. Her lips were big and pouty, and when she smiled, she had the same dimples Angel and Alex had. Sofia had them also, just not as pronounced.

Forever Mine (The Moreno Brothers)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें