FOREVER MINE - Chapter 11

CHAPTER 11

Sarah and Angel headed to the beach. Not the cliffs where they usually went. Sarah wanted to walk on the beach. It wasn't too crowded for a Saturday. They walked for quite a while and were already on their way back to the car, when Angel brought up his Spanish class woes.

"You don't know Spanish?" She was completely surprised.

"Well, I thought I was okay at it," he said. "But according to the scores I've been getting on my quizzes, I suck."

Sarah couldn't help laughing despite the agitation she was feeling about the impending conversation. "I can help you."

Angel turned to her curiously. "You know Spanish?"

"Claro que si."

Angel smiled at her impressed. "Good, because I have a quiz Tuesday, and progress reports go out on Wednesday. If I don't get higher than a D on my quiz, I'm sitting out the game on Friday."

Sarah smiled. "I'll be your private tutor."

They got to the car and Angel leaned on it, pulling her against him. "Mmm, sounds good."

Sarah knew she needed to ask him now or she'd have to wait until tomorrow, and she wanted it over with. She took a deep breath. "Speaking of your game, Angel. Can I ask you something?"

Angel's hands moved all over her back. "Of course."

"Why would Dana be wearing your jersey at the game?" She thought she saw a flicker of panic in his eyes for a second, and then it was gone. He exhaled, glancing away then back at her.

"I don't know, Sarah," he said. "I've hung out with her in the past, but she's always made more out of it than it really was."

Sarah felt something inside her ignite. "Was she your girlfriend?" She was trying so hard not to sound jealous. But she was, completely. She'd heard all the stories from Valerie about him and Dana, but hearing it from him set her on fire.

"No," he s said with conviction. "I told you I've never had a girlfriend."

"Have you slept with her?" What the hell? She hadn't intended on going there, but the words just spewed out and they kept coming.

Angel's eyes widened for a second then go back to normal. He rubbed her back gently. "Does it really matter, Sarah?"

Her heart jumped to her throat. She wanted to scream. What had she expected? Why had she let herself fall for him? This was just one girl. How many other girls was she going to have to deal with?

"So she was never your girlfriend. You just slept with her? Is that what you're planning on doing with me?"

His eyes narrowed, as his expression hardened. "Sarah, as far as I'm concerned, you are my girlfriend. Only reason I hadn't said it was because I wasn't sure you took our agreement that way."

Sarah wasn't listening anymore. All she could think of was the fact that he'd slept with Dana, and it made her sick. "Were you exclusive with her?" Her voice dripped with sarcasm.

"No, I wasn't."

The lump in her throat was beginning to suffocate her. Don't you dare cry. She tried pulling away from him, but he tightened his grip around her.

"So why does she have your jersey, Angel?" She gulped hard. The words just kept coming, and they wouldn't stop. "Did you give it to her after you slept with her? How many other girls have your jersey?"