FOREVER MINE - Chapter 17

CHAPTER 17

Overwhelmed with such staggering emotions, Angel lay there still inside her. He kissed her temple and then her forehead. He'd felt so many unfamiliar emotions since he'd met Sarah, yet none compared to what he was feeling now.

All those times he'd laughed and thought of guys with girlfriends as fools. How any guy could be satisfied with just one girl had been unimaginable to him. Now here he was, looking at Sarah, knowing without a doubt he'd never be satisfied with anyone else but her.

From that very first day when he'd looked into her haunting eyes, she'd captured something in him. He'd stupidly thought getting to know her would be enough. He'd been taken in by her wounded eyes, her infectious laugh, and her stubborn determination, and without warning, he'd been brought to his knees.

He kissed her temple breathlessly. "You're mine, Sarah."

She nodded gazing into his eyes as she traced her fingers down his back.

There was no way he could let her out of his life now. The thought smothered him, gripping his every sense. He kissed her softly and tenderly as he rolled over and off her. He sat on the side of the bed for a moment, feeling dazed. He stood up and walked toward the door, still naked.

"Where are you going?"

He turned and smiled. "To clean up, I'll be right back."

He walked out of the room and across the hall to the restroom. When he got back, Sarah was sitting up on the bed, holding her pants in her hands. He slid back in bed with her. "You won't need those any time soon."

He took the pants, bunched them up, and threw them on the sofa across the room. He handed her a towel. "Are you hurting?"

The silly look of concentration on her face made him smile. She shook her head. "No, but I might be too sore to try again right away."

Angel got back out of bed and lifted the bedspread up from the top. Sarah moved and crawled under it. He slipped in next to her under the bedspread and pulled her next to him, slipping his arms around her warm naked body. "God, I'm gonna miss being with you every day."

She tensed up.

"What's wrong?"

Sarah shook her head. "Nothing, I just don't like to think about it."

Angel didn't say anything but couldn't help wondering why she was so determined to go back if she didn't even want to think about it. Then he remembered—Sydney. He kissed her nose. "Maybe once Sydney leaves for school, you can consider moving back here."

The look on her face puzzled him. He'd seen that look before, and it'd made him uncomfortable, but he didn't know what it meant."What's the matter?"

She looked at him for a second, the disconcerting expression still on her face. "Sydney," she said. "Well, it's not all ... how you think."

She hesitated.His eyes narrowed, not understanding. Then he saw her expression change slightly. "I'm just saying it's not all Sydney, Angel. I don't know for sure what's gonna happen with my mom. She may be out by then."

The last thing Angel wanted was to talk about her mom. As selfish as it felt, he didn't want anything to ruin the night—not this night. He kissed her softly. "Let's not worry about that now, okay?"

He ran his hands all over her naked body and closed his eyes, inhaling deeply. Having her this close with absolutely nothing in between them drove him nuts. He was ready again.