TWELVE

"Just an hour, I promise you," I beg Braden, hoping to ease any frustration he might be feeling.

He rolls his eyes but eventually agrees, getting up to check himself in the bathroom. As he locks himself in, I hear him say, "Be safe, please, and have fun," his tone a mix of understanding and concern.

I'm aware that my sudden decision to go out may have inconvenienced him, especially when he's looking forward to a good night's sleep. I did ask him if he wanted to join, but he declined, citing tiredness. My plan is to enjoy just an hour out and then return to sleep beside him, a compromise I hope will help balance the desire for both adventure and rest.

I opt for a simple look, donning a see-through long-sleeve shirt with a sexy bralette underneath. Swapping the stilettos for high-heel boots adds a touch of edge to the outfit. I let my hair cascade down naturally and give myself a final once-over in the large mirror, finishing the look with a nude lipstick.

"Bye, Brad, good night," I call out gently, acknowledging his likely reluctance on the other side of the door. With my attire set, I'm ready to step out into the Vegas night and savor the adventure that awaits.

Stepping out to meet my new friends, I'm greeted by compliments from Aubrey about my outfit. Grateful for the praise, I hug Trevor and Jamie as we catch up on our lives since high school. The conversation flows smoothly until Trevor impatiently remarks, "What is he doing, it's so fucking long?"

Curious, I inquire, "Who?" Trevor glances at his phone and mentions Jack. Simultaneously, Jack storms out from the building.

"Sorry, guys, I was FaceTiming Quinn," Jack explains, catching his breath. His eyes travel up and down my outfit, and he adds, "I didn't know that you were coming, eh?" He gives me a friendly hug, which I gladly accept.

"So, on the maps, it says a 7-minute walk," Eva remarks as she tries to figure out the path. I offer my assistance, and as a group, we head straight to the club.

During our walk to the club, I take the opportunity to get to know Aubrey better. I discover that she is highly intelligent, having graduated in psychology from the University of Illinois. She followed her dreams, moving to Philly two years ago, where she crossed paths with Jamie. Their connection deepened, and just a month ago, they got engaged.

Trevor decides to break the ice with a joke, asking, "What do you call a nun in a wheelchair?" I glance at Eva, and she sighs, mentioning that he always tells this joke. The group chimes in unison, "A virgin mobile," eliciting a small laugh from me. Jamie playfully scolds Trevor for his recurrent joke.

Jamie then poses a joke of his own, directed at Trevor, "Z, what do college students and the Ducks have in common?" Jack and Drysdale exchange a side-eye, trying not to laugh. Trevor struggles to come up with an answer, eventually giving in and asking Jamie to reveal the punchline.

"They've both finished their year by April," Jamie says, prompting laughter from the entire group. 

Aubrey points out the entrance of the club, noting, "There's a long line." My excitement slightly dampens as I realize there's approximately an hour-long wait. However, Zegras reassures the group, expressing confidence that we won't have to wait that long. 

We wait near the entrance as Trevor handles the bouncer. When he returns, Trevor assures us that everything is going to work out. Trevor's popularity becomes evident, as people recognize him almost everywhere we go. Jack, on the other hand, is curious about Brad's absence.

"Why isn't he here?" Jack inquires, referring to Brad.

"The boy was tired," I casually reply, and Jack chuckles. However, our attention is quickly diverted as a girl pulls Jack's arm, drawing the focus of our friends.