THIRTY SIX

Jack opens the door, and as it swings ajar, I find myself clutching the wine bottle he had gifted me. "Eh, that's the one I got you," he remarks, gently pulling on my arm to usher me inside.

"You suggested I should drink it with a close friend, so here I am. And also to celebrate on the dress you got me, I guess." I inform him, a playful smirk adorning my face.

Jack leads us into his kitchen, where I casually toss my coat and bag onto the comfy couch nestled in the corner of the room. While Jack hands me a glass of wine, I hop up onto the counter and take charge of uncorking the bottle, all set to pour us a couple of glasses. "I'm not really into wine," he admits, a hint of distaste flashing across his face as he takes a sip.

"Why did you get me wine then?" I laugh, putting my hand over my face. Jack joins in my laughter, explaining that he didn't expect me to drink it with him, but he knew I loved white wine.

As we continue sipping on our glasses, Jack opens up about his stay in Vancouver and updates me on his parents. "Quinn is excited to get married; he just looks so happy," he says with genuine passion. My eyes probably sparkle with admiration at the good news.

"Would you be mad if I told you that I said to my mom that we're seeing each other?" he confesses, offering me an embarrassed smile.

I giggle, shaking my head, amused by the thought that Jack talked about me to his family. "Well, I hope she approves," I tease, taking another sip of wine.

"Come, let's go to the living room," Jack suggests, wrapping his arms around me to lift me up in his arms. "Wait, the wine," I say between laughs. Jack walks backward, allowing me to extend my arm and grab the bottle from the counter.

Gently, Jack sets me down on the floor, and we find a cozy spot on the carpet in the living room. As we lie down, he takes the opportunity to playfully touch my back, eliciting giggles from me. Grabbing a deck of cards, he lays down next to me, and we continue to enjoy the evening with our whine glasses. 

Jack starts explaining the rules of the game, but I can barely comprehend what he's saying because I'm getting lost in his eyes. It might sound a bit cliché, but this guy has the bluest eyes I've ever seen. The depth and warmth in his gaze captivate me, making it challenging to focus on anything other than the mesmerizing blue hues.

I try my best to pay attention to the game instructions, but every now and then, my gaze unintentionally drifts back to his eyes. Jack notices and chuckles, "Having trouble keeping up with the rules, huh?"

I blush, admitting, "I might need a refresher; your eyes are distracting."

Jack grins, "Well, if my eyes are causing a distraction, maybe we should play a different game," he suggests, his tone playful. We both share a laugh, and the evening continues with the cards, wine, and the magnetic pull of those captivating blue eyes.

As he begins explaining the rules, I find myself struggling to focus. "Okay, so if you have a matching pair, you can discard them, but if you don't, you pick up from the deck," he says, his eyes glinting with amusement.

I nod, trying to follow along, but my attention keeps wandering. "Got it," I reply, though my eyes involuntarily drift back to his.

Jack notices and laughs, "Are my eyes really that distracting?"

I blush, "Maybe a little."

He laugh letting go his hand backward and he close the distant between us pulling me closer to kiss my lips. 

Our little moment is interrupted by our lord Luckey pookie who's clearly irritated by us, "Come on, guys, just shut the fuck up!" he grumbles, making his displeasure known.