NINETEEN

In a hurry, my first guests are showing up, and I haven't even put on my heels yet. I hear my brother welcoming them at the door. I quickly apply lipstick and rush to greet them.

I didn't have time to do much with my hair today, so I'm just letting it stay curly. It's New Year's Eve, and I decided to splurge on an expensive dress because, why not? I threw on some black sheer tights and pointy black heels to complete the look.

My jewelry really adds to the look. I've adorned myself with my everyday gold pieces—just rings, a simple bracelet, and a necklace. But for today, I've also got on my stylish vintage Cartier watch, adding a touch of elegance to the ensemble.

In a rush, I head to the front door, making sure to close my bedroom door behind me.

For the occasion, my brother has decided to invite a few of his teammates who are in town, as they are leaving soon to play out of town for a couple of days. Some couldn't make it, celebrating with their families, but the rest are expected. Even Olivia is supposed to join us for the celebration.

We've collectively decided to organize a potluck-style party, so I've set up a table where everyone can place their dishes.

The first to arrive is Alexis Lafreniere, one of Ced's best friends and teammates. His girlfriend Taylor follows, and we greet them, taking care of the dishes they brought with them. Then Miller arrives which I'm excited to see since I haven't seen him in a long time. 

As Miller enters with a bright smile, he exclaims, "Yo, M! How are you?" I reciprocate the excitement, expressing how long it has been since we last caught up. Amidst the joyous atmosphere, I notice Addison, his stunning girlfriend, cradling a sweet little baby in her arms.

"Hey there, little one!" I coo, my eyes lighting up at the sight of the adorable bundle. Addison proudly introduces their son, sharing stories of the challenges and joys that come with parenthood. As I gently reach out to the baby, he responds with a delightful gurgle, capturing everyone's attention.

"He's so precious!" I remark, smiling at the charming addition to their family. The room fills with warmth as we exchange stories and laughter. The presence of the little one adds an extra layer of joy and family connection to the gathering. 

Braden is the next to arrive, and I eagerly embrace him, feeling an excitement at seeing him again. As we hug tightly, a feeling of warmth and comfort envelops us when our bodies touch, creating a rare sense of intimacy. Braden adds a touch of affection by kissing my forehead and complimenting how gorgeous I look.

He wears tastefully dressed pants that perfectly complement the occasion, giving off a refined and stylish vibe. On his upper half, he sports a polo long-sleeve shirt that adds a touch of casual elegance to his ensemble. 

I take a moment to offer everyone a glass of champagne, ensuring each guest is welcomed with a sparkling touch. The atmosphere is lively, filled with laughter and excitement, when Kaapo Kakko makes a grand entrance, radiating a celebratory mood. The room buzzes with greetings and exclamations as he joins the festivities.  

In the corner of the room, I catch sight of Braden interacting with the baby, and he seems completely in his element. A warm feeling washes over me as I observe him lifting the baby into the air, the little one responding with a joyful smile. The scene triggers a deep desire within me to have a baby of my own.

Despite being certain in my younger years that I didn't want children, lately, the yearning to become a mom has grown so intense it feels almost physical. Imagining the joy of caring for a little human fills me with excitement, but I haven't yet found the right person to share that journey with.