DREAM

Narrator

Profesor Kim was a tough teacher. She was cold and stern. She rarely allowed slacking off in her class.... because to her... "You're wasting my time and yours."

But no matter how tough Kim Minji was.... she had a weak spot...

Y/n-ssi.

- Y/N POV -

"You didn't turn in your essay again," Professor Kim coldly spoke.

"I... I... I did do my essay, but umm... my printer is broken," I lied.

In reality, I didn't own a printer.

I was too broke.

"You could have emailed it to me," Gyosunim sternly responded.

"I... well... I... okay," I easily gave in.

Profesor Kim had been giving me an extension for all of my work before and this was no different.

I usually did my work and turned it in.... but after hearing everyone share their own essays on their "possible impossible dreams".... I didn't wanna share mine.

Gyosunim had made us do a reflection essay on how we could make the impossible possible.

"Okay, then email it to me right now," Profesor Kim ordered as she walked over to her desk.

"I'm waiting," She sternly said... as she stared at her desktop computer.

I took a deep breath and pulled out my phone. I saved the essay to my phone then emailed it to her.

"Alright, turned in. See you next class!" I said as I gave her a bow.

"Wait!" Gyosunim exclaimed.

"I need you to redo this," She coldly spoke.

"What?! Why?!" I exclaimed.

"The assignment was to do an impossible dream. You didn't follow instructions. I can't accept this!" Profesor Kim sternly answered.

"But.... that's my impossible dream. It's my reality. I don't give a damn if you don't like it! I AM NOT DOING IT AGAIN. THIS IS WHY DIDN'T EVEN WANNA FUCKING TURN IT IN!!" I suddenly snapped.

I felt like shit for raising my voice at the most supportive Profesor I had ever had.... but I couldn't help it.

Out of embarrassment, I just stormed off.

- Minji POV -

Y/n-ssi stormed off.

She was visibly upset.... but I understood why.

Although, I didn't think my request was unreasonable.... she was right. It is her reality.

"My impossible dream may seem possible to most but not to me. I want to have a house with a sturdy roof. Sturdy enough for it to protect me from the rain on a stormy day. I want to have a car that runs at least 5 miles without breaking down.... but most importantly... I want to be good enough to be able to have someone who will love me unconditionally for the rest of my life,"

Y/n's work was always so pessimistic.

I could lie and say that this kid was just another one of my students... but that's not the truth.

The truth is... Y/n-ssi had captured my heart. To be more specific, the way she writes had captured my heart.

Whenever I read her work or assignments or essays, it was like getting sucked into another world.