EXAM

Narrator

The room was silent. All you could hear were pencils hitting paper. Minji nervously watched as her graduating students eased through her final exam as if it were nothing.

More importantly, Minji watched as Y/n set her pencil down and just sat there.

Y/n was done, but she wanted to spend every last second she could in Professor Kim's classroom.

- Minji POV -

One by one, every single one of my students got up and turned in their exams. My exam timer eventually rang and everyone left....

Except for Y/n.

"Done?" I lowly asked as I leaned on my desk.

"Yes," Y/n took a deep breath.

"Very well-"

Haerin was about to speak when I quickly turned to glare at her. "You're dismissed," I coldly interjected.

Haerin looked at me for a second and sighed. "Sure, I'll let you two say goodbye," she said before exiting the classroom.

I exhaled deeply as Haerin took her leave and stepped closer to Y/n's desk.

I placed my hands on each side of her desk and gripped tightly.

This would be the last time I would ever see Y/n sitting at her desk.

"Is it too late to say 'don't go'?" I leaned down to ask.

Y/n looked up at me for a brief second, but quickly diverted her eyes.

"I can still fail you," I pulled her chin in my direction.

"We... talked about... this," Y/n lowly mumbled.

We did talk about it.

We had a long, hard, discussion about our relationship and about our future.

Our conclusion was just not what we both expected.

"I know," I sighed out.

"Are you packed?" I tried to get Y/n to talk to me.

"I am, Professor. Thank you for all your help," Y/n looked up at me with a soft smile.

I nodded in response.

I was trying to hold in my emotions.

"Should we head to the airport then?" I cleared my throat a bit.

Y/n had decided not to attend graduation. Instead, choosing to leave for America as soon as her finals were finished.

It wasn't ideal, but there was nothing I could do.

"No, thank you. Mrs. Kim has arranged transport for me," Y/n answered with a cracked voice.

"Okay," I took a deep breath.

- Y/N POV -

It was hard to say goodbye to Minji...

But this is what we had decided.

Together.

"Don't go," Minji tried to cup my face.

I knew if I gave in to her pleading then I would end up staying. So, I quickly got up from my desk and handed her my exam.

"Guess this is it!" I tried to put on a fake smile.

"Y/n-"

"Thank you for everything, Professor!" I quickly kissed Minji's cheek and made my way out of the classroom.

I held my breath the entire walkway out of the school campus. It was hard to not turn around and say "Let's just stay together!"...

But I knew that wasn't possible.

Minji and I couldn't be together in the way we wanted.

- Mrs. Kim POV -

"Make sure to check in with our foundation at least once a month," Yeobo told Y/n-ssi as we said our goodbyes.

It was one kind of satisfaction to finally separate Minji from this gold-digging kid, but it was a whole other kind of gratification to drive the kid to the airport and watch them leave the country.

"Yes, I will sir!" Y/n politely bowed.

"See you when you get back!" I lightly tapped Y/n's arm.... knowing very well we did not anticipate Y/n to return...

In my eyes, Minji had already taken her seat as chairman and was settled down with a nice husband.

Haerin was my last resort...

But either way, things were going my way.

-

-

-

-

-

Author's Note: Can anyone guess where the story is going? >.<