SHIFT

Narrator

"I don't want to!" Y/n was refusing Minji's help for once.

"Just let me see. I've helped you with homework before!" Minji was really upset by Y/n's behavior.

For some reason, Y/n didn't want Minji's homework help. She wanted to do it all on her own. Which seemed odd to Minji because Y/n always asked for help. Minji was just trying to help without being asked.

"I get that you're a professor and you're trying to help, but I don't need you coddling me right now!" Y/n screamed back.

- Minji POV -

"You're being a brat!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

Y/n was being too emotional for me lately. She didn't want me showing her I loved her, she didn't want me helping her with things, and she was being an insolent little brat at times.

I had enough.

"I'm going on a walk!" Y/n slammed her hands on the hotel desk and got up from her chair.

"Sit," I coldly pushed her back on her seat.

I was tired of this behavior.

I had gone through enough trouble for us to have this cute romantic date and I wasn't about to let myself have bitter memories about it.

"Minji-"

"Be quiet and listen," My words came out how they usually did for my students... but I had no other choice...

"I don't want us to look back at our first date while you're in your Ph.D. program and just remember us fighting. So, I need you to take a deep breath, take a few moments to think, and tell me what is really going on," I tried to calm myself down as I spoke.

I could see Y/n tighten her jaw and then take a deep breath. She nodded to let me know she understood and then took a few moments of silence.

- Y/N POV -

I took a few deep breaths as I tried to figure out what was really going on with me.

As time went by, and my relationship with Minji progressed, I thought I had become a more emotionally adjusted individual.

That was far from the truth...

I always had to really think through things to figure out what the real issue was. I'd start to think it was something and two days later figure out it was something else and then a week after that I'd realize that it was none of those things at all.... it was something that maybe I didn't want to face.... or something I thought I had gotten over.

"Okay," I took a deep breath.

I always felt bad for Minji. She had to deal with me and my crazy emotions.

At times, I thought it was better when I had no one and just pretended like nothing hurt me.

"Take your time," Minji started running her fingers through my hair.

I nodded and took another deep breath.

"I think- I-" I couldn't get the words out.

"It's okay. Figure out the right words," Minji squatted down and started holding my hands.

I gave her a quick glance, but felt embarrassed so opted into staring at the wall in front of me instead.

"I-" I cleared my throat.

"I- I- I'm having a hard time with life right now," I choked up a bit.

Minji took a deep breath and squeezed my hand.

"I'm having a hard time with school. I'm having a hard time being away from you. I'm having a hard time with my peers. I feel like I'm the dumbest one in the program. I don't know anything all my other classmates know. And then, what if I go back home and I can't find a job? All of this would have been for nothing," I started to hyperventilate.

I heard Minji take another breath.

"So, you're feeling inadequate?" She suddenly asked.

I gulped and slowly nodded.

"Baby," Minji started rubbing on my arm.

"You might not be like everyone around you or feel like them, but you bring a very unique perspective to things. I can't say that you're doing okay in your program because I'm not your Professor-"

She suddenly made me laugh.

"But I can say that not everyone has the same strengths... and it's those strengths we have that make our weaknesses worth it...," Minji gently placed a kiss on my hand.

"For example, you're very emotional and I'm not," She kept on going.

"Okay, that's not helping," I got a little offended.

"No," Minji started laughing.

"What I'm saying is that... you're not afraid to show your emotions. What you think is a weakness... I think it's a strength," Minji pulled my chin for me to look at her.

"I wish I was brave enough to say what's bothering me or what hurts or how happy I am with you sometimes," She started caressing my cheeks.

I couldn't help but giggle.

"As for the job part....," Minji suddenly pulled me into a hug.

"I will never allow that," She whispered into my ear as she gently stroked my back.

I took a deep breath and hugged her tightly.

"I feel like we keep having this conversation," I started to tear up.

"It's okay. We'll keep having it until you fully understand the meaning of it," Minji hugged me even tighter.

-

-

-

-

-

Author's Note: How's the story going? I feel like it's dying down right now. Until Y/n get back home.