HOME

Narrator

The thermostat was raised.

Minji had put on her favorite knitted sweater and took out her favorite hoodie in the process.

The worried feeling tensing up her body was something she wasn't used to.

- Y/N POV -

It was hot and cold at the same time.

My body felt like it was shattering into a million pieces. Every single bone ached. My head felt like it was about to explode and my heart was beating irregularly.

I didn't know how I even got into bed, but it felt good.

My eyes fluttered open for a second and I realized I was at Minji's place.

"Huh?" I thought to myself. 

I wasn't planning on coming over to Minji's place. I didn't want to get her in trouble.

*TAP, TAP*

Suddenly, I heard a tapping on the floor... or maybe it was shaking...

I continued to hear the odd noise and shuffled a little to the side to see what it was.

My heart fluttered and my fevered cheeks turned even hotter when I saw... Professor Kim sitting next to my bed.

She was shaking her leg. She looked really worried.

"Why did you bring me here?" I coarsely asked.

Minji suddenly turned to look at me with a worried look.

"Are you okay? Are you feeling any better?" She worriedly put her hand up to my forehead.

I gently grabbed her hand and rubbed my cheek on it.

I was tearing up a bit. I had never had someone look so worried about me before.

Not when I was sick. Not when I was crying. Not when I was homeless or hungry.

But she looked at me like it hurt her to see me hurting.

"How are you feeling?" Minji asked again, as she rubbed my cheek.

"I'm cold," I sniffled out.

Suddenly, she grabbed something from her lap and helped me sit up on the bed. She slowly unbuttoned my jacket and took it off.

I didn't protest much because I could hardly even lift myself up.

Minji then started placing something over my head and pulled it down my neck. She took my arms and pulled them into the sleeves of what appeared to be a sweater.

"Perfect," she smiled to herself.

I looked down to see what she had put on me and I started tearing up even more.

It was Minji's favorite hoodie.

She'd sometimes fall asleep with it or she'd wear it out on a lazy Sunday. She would get really upset if she couldn't find it and it seemed like she didn't like it when anyone touched it.

I felt very honored to be wearing it.

"Baby, why are you crying?" She suddenly whispered, reaching over to wipe my tears away.

I couldn't get any words out of my mouth. So, I snuggled into her chest.

- Minji POV -

Y/n seemed to be in a lot of pain.

Her fevered hadn't come down and she had been shuffling in bed without much sleep.

"Stop being so nice to me," Y/n cried against my chest.

I wrapped my arms around her tighter and kissed the top of her head.

"You shouldn't have brought me here that day. You could've looked the other way. Now you have to deal with all of this," she kept on crying.

I took a deep breath, pulled away a bit, and kissed her forehead.

"Do you want me to take it all back?" I lowly asked.

Y/n sniffled, shook her head, and ran back into my arms.

My heart sighed of relief at that answer.

I would do anything for her, even if it pained me to do it. I would do anything to make Y/n happy.

I hadn't realized that, until I realized she opened my heart up to new emotions.

I hadn't been so worried about a person since my mother passed away.

"You should've taken me home. You could get in trouble for bringing me here," Y/n irregularly breathed out, as she pulled away from my embrace.

I gave her a soft smile and cupped her warm cheeks, before whispering.... "This is your home."

-

-

-'

-

-

-