VISITING

Narrator

It was morning and everything was quiet for a while. Minji had reverted back to her observant professor state. While Y/n was cautious in a new home.

Y/n knew the professor had her best interest in mind, but Y/n had never been one to get accustomed to security. Even with Minji providing the basics, one thing Y/n never got accustomed to being provided was trust.

"How's the new house?" Minji finally broke the ice.

"It's not new. You usted to live here before me," Y/n sounded bitter.

"It's new to you. I'd like to know how you feel," Minji responded in the same tone.

"Everything is new to me. If I shared how I feel then we'd be stuck in some tension. Something I don't have time for. I'm only here for a few days," Y/n was being cautious with themselves.

- Minji POV -

I was excited when we first arrived home. Y/n ran around the house like a child being told they'd get an upgrade if we moved to a new city....

But, that mood quickly turned around.

It took me half a day to really figure out why and I don't like the reason.

"Fine," I scoffed.

I was too busy and Y/n was way too old to be acting like a non-well adjusted brat.

"Good," Y/n sighed.

A few hours went by, and I just watched as Y/n kept on with her homework and English lessons.

I honestly couldn't wait to get her into the company once she graduated her Ph.D program, but I was worried.

I was worried that Y/n would find change a bit much.

It was one thing for her to take on change willingly, but it was another for me to change things for her.

"Help me out for second," I finally gathered the courage to talk to Y/n about her behavior.

"I'm busy, Minji. Get on your next conference call or whatever it is you do at your parents' company," Y/n coldly responded.

"I'm still a professor, you know!" I raised my voice a bit.

Y/n looked up at me for a second, before shaking her head and returning her attention to her computer.

"Are you planning to stay an honorary one or will you still be teaching a class? I'll definitely need an easy grade when I come back home for my business studies," Y/n tightened her jaw as she avoided eye contact.

"Business studies? You're doing culture studies and psychology. Why would you come back home to do more school work?" I asked really confused.

Y/n had never mentioned this before. I almost felt like maybe I wasn't paying attention during any of our calls.

"I'm not eligible for a job at your company if I didn't study business, marketing, or Human Resources," Y/n sighed out.

"Who said that?" I furrowed my brows.

"I read the fine print," Y/n slightly closed her computer as she finally managed to meet my eyes.