FINAL WEEKS

Narrator

As class ended, yet again, Professor Kim started to realize that there was less than a few weeks before Y/n's graduation.

There was a conversation left unspoken between them...

- Minji POV -

As the class exited the lecture hall, I realized something.

"Y/n, could I ask you a question?" I said before Y/n could walk out the door.

"Umm- Yes, Professor," Y/n stayed behind.

I turned to give Haerin a look and she quickly made her way out of the room as well.

"Graduation is approaching," I said as I walked over to my desk.

"Yes?" Y/n answered a bit confused.

"Did you apply for that program you were interested in?" I began to grade some papers.

"No," Y/n lowly answered.

I lifted my head a bit shocked. That wasn't the answer I was expecting.

"Why not?" I gently put my pen down.

"There's an application fee and I missed the deadline for the scholarship I needed. So, there's really no point in it if I can't afford it," Y/n gave me a sad smile.

I took a deep breath and got out of my seat. I then walked over to face Y/n and crossed my arms. "Why didn't you tell me? I could've helped you," I told her.

Y/n looked down at her feet and sighed. "The last time we talked about it you were pretty upset. Plus, with everything going on with your parents right now, it doesn't feel right to leave," she lowly answered.

I had to admit that when Y/n told me her plans after graduation, I was really upset...

But I didn't want to be the reason to hold her back.

Y/n had worked too hard to get to where she is and I didn't want to be the reason why wasn't able to achieve her dreams.

All I wanted for her... was for her dreams to come true...

- Y/N POV -

"Don't worry about my parents and everything going on. If going to America and joining that program is what you want, then let me pay for it. I want to support you in any way I can," The Professor caressed my cheek.

I knew Professor Kim was trying to be nice, but I couldn't take her offer. Not after how she reacted the first time...

And not after finding out her status in the world.

I didn't want Minji to feel used and I certainly didn't want to be a charity case.

"It's okay. I don't really wanna go anymore," I lied.

Minji furrowed her brows and sighed.

"Okay," she went back to what she was doing.

"Professor Kim!" Another one of her students suddenly walked into the room.

"Yes, how can I help you?" Minji politely asked.

I gave The Professor a quick bow and made my way out of the classroom.

"It's a great program, you know?" I suddenly heard as I exited the room.

I turned to the side of me, knowing exactly who was talking.

"Eve's dropping?" I coldly asked.

"I got a little curious," Professor Kang confessed.

I rolled my eyes and just continued on my way.