Chapter 1: Bro Meet Up

Washington DC, USA

The Academy of Espionage

Monday,  1 week after the skiing mission

1300 Hours

"It is so unfair missions don't count towards our grade, I've been on 4 missions, survived all of them, and yet I still have a D- in Self Preservation!" I was saying to Zoe. "I mean, I should be dead by now if I'm that bad at it!" "Well, we did have to save you a lot from Shang." Zoe said. "Good point." I was looking forward to the end of the day, mostly because of Erica, but I was also just exhausted from having to use algebra to stop a grenade.

Erica has been cold as usual towards me until today, after missions she tends to hide her soft side for a while (especially after what happened when defusing the bomb). Today, like I said, she started warming back up again and started melting her walls a bit earlier than usual. We had lunch together today and discussed which battle tactic was the best (not my favorite topic but I counted it as a win). I had a feeling that something was coming up, and soon. Erica knew it.

When I got to my dorm, I heard some commotion so I slowly opened up the door and got in the Coil Cobra position. It turned out to be Mike. I was so surprised, I could barley make out any words. " Ur.....Uh....... How are you here?" "I got recruited!" Mike said. "Don't tell Erica I said this, but she told me she pulled some strings to get me in so I can spend time with you." "I think she likes you man." "What, no. Why would she like me." Deep down I hoped she really did and that she really meant what she did in the mountains. Suddenly I was pulled from my thought by the intercom loudly announcing for "Ben, please report down to the principles office immediately." I now realized why Erica was so happy today.