Chapter 14: Search and rescue pt.2

The Atlantic Ocean

Beach Bazooka

Saturday night

?????? Hours 

Ben's POV

I woke up groggily, bruised and broken from the fall. Erica was still in my grasp, all though my arm was broken. I started to stand up when something pulled me back down. I let out a little yelp. All of a sudden, hundreds of red eyes star in my direction. "Be quiet idiot, the spiders are all around us" Erica said with a whisper. I was surprised she was awake but I didn't scream this time.  "Where are we?" "We are in the Vebon's caverns" Erica said annoyed. "We wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you." I was astonished. "WHAT do you mean. I saved you. I have a broken arm!" "Even so, I could have saved myself and we wouldn't be stuck here." "YOU would be stuck here. I couldn't just leave you." "Ben, we can't let.....whatever is in between us.....to stop the mission. Relationships mess everything up." "Wow" is all I could say. I couldn't muster anything else to say. So we just sat there in awkward silence for 20 minutes.

"We can't just sit here forever" I said. "We have to do something." "I have" Erica said annoyed. "I have been trying to get away from you without breaking your arm further." "Well, that's grand. I could move it, thought of that." Erica really didn't like that comment but she wasn't going to argue with me when there were hundreds of deadly spiders around us. "Just move it" She said with a huff. "First what's your plan" I said with a grin. It was funny to see Erica trapped for once. "I was going to stop your bleeding with gauze and make a run for it but now I'm second guessing myself" she sighed. I didn't notice until then but I was bleeding like crazy. I almost passed out at the sight of it. I lifted my arm and she got out her med kit. She wasn't as careful to applying the gauze as she was pulling out my shrapnel. I chocked this up to the Ice Queen. "Now, if you can run lets go." I got up and we bolted towards our right.

We ran like hell, throwing rocks behind us and shooting the hoard of spiders after us. Erica had enough time to hand me a taser but it was useless at this range. "So what's the plan now" "Honestly, I don't know." She looked at me warily. I would usually find it funny that she didn't know something, but I was scared now. I took a deep breath and tried to calm down. It didn't work. I started hyperventilating. I lost track of time. I was about to pass out. I WAS GOING TO DIE! "BEN!" Erica screamed. "Huh...what" I said confused. "You haven't answered me for 5 minutes" Erica said concerned.  "Oh sorry, I was thinkin of a plan." "Well, I figured one out already" Erica said in a snarky tone. "Oh really, tell me. "Well if I take this piece of C4 from the copter and throw it on the roof, I can blow it up and drop the debris on the spider." "Well done" I said impressed. Erica didn't take this as a complement though. "Thanks" she huffed. " I didn't meant it like that" I said truthfully. "Sure, just hurray up so I can through the bomb." I ran up next to her and she threw it. "Here we go!" Just as she was about to shoot it, she tripped on a rock. "Ahh, Ben!" I ran over to her as fast as possible just before the spiders got her. "Lets go!" We ran for a little bit longer until we encountered something. Something horrible.

"Huh. WHAT!" We reached a wall with no exits in sight. "Er-er-erica. Wa-what are we going to do." I'll never forget the moment a tear fell down her face as she buried her face in me. We sat there as the spiders came over, only seconds from reaching us. I tried to shoot her gun but I couldn't hold her and shoot with my broken arm, so I just sat there comforting her in our final moments. The spiders were seconds away before she told me the truth. "Ben. I-I. I BOOM!  She would have told me the truth that is. I am happy I am still alive though.

"Grandpa!" Erica screamed so happily that I thought she would blow up. "Wo, I still have a broken arm. Be care full" Cyrus said, also full of joy. "Sorry, I am just so happy to see you." Cyrus then looked at me intensely. "Now then, what were you telling Ben just now." We both blushed, but Erica hid it quickly. "I was telling ben about the bomb, I just thought I might have been going crazy." He kept his glare on me but didn't push us further. He turned serious again. So did Erica. "Lets go, there is a exit this way" Cyrus said. We ran out just to find Murray planting another bomb. "Oh, how nice to see you" Murray said.

Thank you guys for all the support! I decided to make this chapter shorter because I am going to make the next chapter about 2000 words and I didn't want to bore you with it all in this chapter. I hoped you liked this chapter, and I promise more action scenes and volcanic quakes (BTW, sorry if the action wasn't the best. I never really was the best with those types of scenes, sorry. Comment down any suggestions you guys would want added to the plot). Thank you guys so much for reading! Have a great day!😊

 the plan now